Please review my vignettes!

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Please review my vignettes!

Postby ThomKat » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:50 pm

This is my third attempt at the 4.0 vignettes. I plan to switch gears now and try some of the alternate vignettes for more practice. I would appreciate any comments. Testing in 5 days. Thank you!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThomKat

Re: Please review my vignettes!

Postby 249trail » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Which alt is this? Just wondering if you need to have sun on the PP I am assuming so? That got me thinking that you could just use the walkways to link the H stalls to the entry, the office tower, & PP that will give the SF back to the PP at the west side where you angle. Otherwise at first glance looks good from what I can see. It would help to see the trees checked & the 100' circle for the H stalls.
249trail

Re: Please review my vignettes!

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:09 am

SD-
New trees on each side of the service drive serve no purpose. New trees south of the walk to the restaurant serve no purpose.
Most of the west end of the PP has no winter wind protection. Deciduous trees do not provide winter wind protection. Coniferous trees do not have to be adjacent to the PP to provide winter wind protection.
Be careful that new coniferous trees do not block any of the view of the pond from the restaurant.

SG-
No need to keep regrading downhill of your swales if you meet the slope requirements without doing so.
Your sketch line for the swale coming up from the north doesn't reach the farthest point on 107. Need to check that distance.
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN