Site Design - Second Attempt

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design - Second Attempt

Postby ThomKat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Below is my second attempt at the site design vignette. I am struggling a bit with the conifer trees (Are there enough to block the wind? Do they block the restaurants pond view? etc). I was able to get this done in just under an hour (compared the the 2 hours it took last night on my first attempt) so if nothing else, at least I'm getting better/quicker with the software. All comments and feedback appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThomKat

Re: Site Design - Second Attempt

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:02 am

ThomKat wrote:Below is my second attempt at the site design vignette. I am struggling a bit with the conifer trees (Are there enough to block the wind? Too many. Do they block the restaurants pond view? etc). A little on the south side. I was able to get this done in just under an hour (compared the the 2 hours it took last night on my first attempt) so if nothing else, at least I'm getting better/quicker with the software. All comments and feedback appreciated!

The restaurant does not have to face the pond.
Why do you have a walk to a drive?
Make sure there are no gaps in the winter wind protection for the PP. Coniferous trees downwind of other coniferous trees are redundant. Distance from the PP does not matter.
If you rotate the restaurant 90 degrees counterclockwise you can reduce the length of the service drive.
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN