Site Design Vignette - First Try

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design Vignette - First Try

Postby froyos » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:51 pm

First attempt has taken close to 1 hour and 45 minutes, but hope to improve in the coming days. Exam in 2 weeks. Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
froyos

Re: Site Design Vignette - First Try

Postby Sparky83 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:37 am

SG -
Leave sketch elements on when posting here so we can see how you solved it.
No need for berms.

SD -
Restaurant has ZERO view of the pond...blocked by new coniferous trees. New trees downwind of the restaurant serve no purpose.
OT entry must have a direct connection to the PP.
Missing service drive.
Only 1 walk to the public walk is needed. "minimize paving is a program requirement.
The PP may abut parking. A walk running along the edge of the PP is redundant.
HCP parking clearly not entirely within 100' of the OT entry.
Sparky83

Re: Site Design Vignette - First Try

Postby froyos » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:27 pm

I've adjusted my drawings, please take another look. Thanks!

Sparky83 wrote:SG -
Leave sketch elements on when posting here so we can see how you solved it.
No need for berms.

I'm having a little trouble reading berms on a plan. I might have adjusted the drawing but please do tell me if I'm still doing it.

I've been told the contour line must not wrap around the display as I have it drawn at contour 106' (as shown on the NCARB videos). My coworkers have been debating about the most correct way, by having a 6" or even a foot offset from the profile of the display. Can you help me understand this?

Sparky83 wrote:SG -
SD -
Restaurant has ZERO view of the pond...blocked by new coniferous trees. New trees downwind of the restaurant serve no purpose.

Is the placement of my restaurant clear of the view or does the whole side of the restaurant have to be in line of the pond? Also if I decided to rotate the restaurant at 90 degrees to have the entrance face the pond, is that still correct?

Continuing with the conifer trees, how much of tolerance do I have to be close to the 30' setback of the pond? Will having one branch touch beyond the setback be considered an error? And will I need to place some trees next to the OT entrance where that little bit of plaza walkway is; as well as East of the restaurant entrance (wondering if that little part is considered a plaza that needs to be blocked by wind)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
froyos

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN