my Site Grading Vignette + questions

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

my Site Grading Vignette + questions

Postby atmosquare » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:39 pm

Thank you.

K-20170925-560113.jpg

1. Min slope at the beginning of swale: must it be measured from the farthest tip of the swale? ie. near the center right of the building?
(if i measure like i did above, then the swale tip to the right of bldg is too shallow, correct?)

2. the contour surrounding the building doesn't need to be 2.5 ft away? can we safely assume it's flat and the building is raised 6"?
(would it be get minus points for setting it back 2.5 ft just in case?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
atmosquare

Re: my Site Grading Vignette + questions

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:56 am

atmosquare wrote:Thank you.

K-20170925-560113.jpg

1. Min slope at the beginning of swale: must it be measured from the farthest tip of the swale? ie. near the center right of the building? Yes, but you didn't do that.
(if i measure like i did above, then the swale tip to the right of bldg is too shallow, correct?) ...depends on the length of the sum of the sketch lines.

2. the contour surrounding the building doesn't need to be 2.5 ft away? Correct.can we safely assume it's flat and the building is raised 6"? Yes, but your contour line is about 5' from the building.
(would it be get minus points for setting it back 2.5 ft just in case?) Probably.

grading section.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN