Site Design First Try with a few questions

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design First Try with a few questions

Postby 249trail » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Site design first try any comments would be great.
I have a few questions:
1. Does the service driveway have to go to the blue box at the delta symbol or can it just be touching the white box for the service entry?
2. Also same question for the plaza and sidewalks to the building entrance box.
3. I have a circle that is 100' diameter for the distance of the H stalls to the Office Tower Entrance is that meeting the requirements it was a tight fit with the 210' min
separation between the Office Tower and Restaurant.
4. Is there a golden rule for the number of trees required to block the wind?
5. Do I have the Service Drive view blocked enough from the Pedestrian Plaza's view?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
249trail

Re: Site Design First Try with a few questions

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 am

249trail wrote:Site design first try any comments would be great.
I have a few questions:
1. Does the service driveway have to go to the blue box at the delta symbol or can it just be touching the white box for the service entry? It must at least touch the entry rectangle.
It cannot go within 5' of the building (blue area).

2. Also same question for the plaza and sidewalks to the building entrance box. Walks and PP can overlap entry rectangles. There is no offset requirement for them.
3. I have a circle that is 100' diameter for the distance of the H stalls to the Office Tower Entrance is that meeting the requirements it was a tight fit with the 210' min What ketp you from moving he parking area to the west?
separation between the Office Tower and Restaurant.
4. Is there a golden rule for the number of trees required to block the wind? Enough to do the job.
5. Do I have the Service Drive view blocked enough from the Pedestrian Plaza's view? Program says service entry, not service drive.

Most of the PP is not protected from winter winds. Most of the new coniferous trees shown are not needed.
HCP parking is clearly not entirely within 100' of the OT entry.
Forcing service vehicles through the parking area is poor design logic.
A walk crossing a drive is not continuous as required.
Do not allow new coniferous trees to block the view of the pond from the restaurant
Sparky83

Postby wendrisio » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Sparky83 wrote:Most of the PP is not protected from winter winds. Most of the new coniferous trees shown are not needed.
HCP parking is clearly not entirely within 100' of the OT entry. Rude
Forcing service vehicles through the parking area is poor design logic. This vignette isn't about design
A walk crossing a drive is not continuous as required. The NCARB passing solution shows the walk crossing a drive as acceptable. Pretty sure that's the best way to do it unless you want it to loop all the way around parking, possibly killing an unnecessary amount of trees.
Do not allow new coniferous trees to block the view of the pond from the restaurant
wendrisio

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:33 am

wendrisio wrote:
Sparky83 wrote:Most of the PP is not protected from winter winds. Most of the new coniferous trees shown are not needed.
HCP parking is clearly not entirely within 100' of the OT entry. Rude ROFL
Forcing service vehicles through the parking area is poor design logic. This vignette isn't about design "sound design logic" is a program requirement.
A walk crossing a drive is not continuous as required. The NCARB passing solution shows the walk crossing a drive as acceptable. Pretty sure that's the best way to do it unless you want it to loop all the way around parking, possibly killing an unnecessary amount of trees. NCARB passing solutions contain errors. See page 26 of the ARE 4.0 Guidelines. They're passing, not perfect. If you rotate the restaurant 180, the walk will be much shorter. Pretty sure you can place a walk around trees.
Sparky83

Postby 249trail » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:58 pm

Thanks for the comments its greatly appreciated.
249trail

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN