Site Design Vignette - Program Questions

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design Vignette - Program Questions

Postby SLOmustang713 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 am

Hi, okay working on the Site Design Vignette and I have two questions:

1. The circle in PINK is the 125' diameter maximum distance from the pond. I am assuming (and looking at other solutions) that not all of the building needs to be 125' from the pond. Some of the building will be farther, correct?

2. The area I shaded in yellow on the Pedestrian Plaza. I am not sure if it's okay to have that area where it could be blocked from summer sun (by the Office Tower). Is it okay as is, or should I move the Ped. Plaza where any of it needs to be 100% clear from the South?

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SLOmustang713

Re: Site Design Vignette - Program Questions

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:24 pm

SLOmustang713 wrote:Hi, okay working on the Site Design Vignette and I have two questions:

1. The circle in PINK is the 125' diameter maximum distance from the pond. I am assuming (and looking at other solutions) that not all of the building needs to be 125' from the pond. Some of the building will be farther, correct? Yes. It's impossible to get the entire building within that distance of the pond.

2. The area I shaded in yellow on the Pedestrian Plaza. I am not sure if it's okay to have that area where it could be blocked from summer sun (by the Office Tower). Is it okay as is, or should I move the Ped. Plaza where any of it needs to be 100% clear from the South? By reconfiguring you could reduce the amount shaded.

Thank you!

Excessive new trees. The two at the SW corner of the restaurant serve no purpose, and one of them partially blocks the view of the pond from the restaurant.
A walk crossing a drive is not continuous as required and is a safety issue too. It's an error on the sample passing solution too.
Missing a walk to the public walk.
Why do you have a dead-end drive NE of the HCP parking?
Sparky83

Re: Site Design Vignette - Program Questions

Postby SLOmustang713 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:26 pm

I was in the middle of working on it when I wanted to ask those questions. Based on your responses, I revised the solution. Although, the walkway through the parking lot is a hotly debated subject. But better to safe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SLOmustang713

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN