1st attempt at SG & 2nd attempt at SD (please review)

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

1st attempt at SG & 2nd attempt at SD (please review)

Postby Suki » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Hi,

Attached are my latest attempt of the vignettes. Please review.

A few questions:
Site Grading
- About the minimum slope, the dimensions I have are very close to 50'. Does it matter? Should I leave more buffer for it?

Site Design
- Can walkway be next to the building?
- Is it okay to go through the parking lot to get to the service entry?
- Is it okay that the service driveway goes perpendicular to the service entry?
- In order to have the entry of OT connect directly to PP, and be visible from Bentley ave, part of the PP are blocked by OT and do not have noonday summer sun. Is it okay? Is there an acceptable percentage of how much it could be blocked?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Suki

Re: 1st attempt at SG & 2nd attempt at SD (please review)

Postby lenecrobusier » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 am

Suki,

Just looking at your site design solution - the buildings look too close together - i'm assuming that the large circle between them is your 105' radius one. I think it's better to use a 210' radius on the office tower here to ensure that your buildings are not within that offset requirement.

As to your SG solution - did you verify the last downslope % on the northern swale? it looks like it passes but you did drastically modify the topo there so i'd check to be sure. Otherwise it looks like you pass, but i'd try and give yourself more leeway on the actual exam. "If you ask an engineer what 2+3 is, he'll say 5, but lets make it 6 to be sure".
lenecrobusier

Re: 1st attempt at SG & 2nd attempt at SD (please review)

Postby Suki » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:44 pm

Hi lenecrobusier,

Thank you for your reply. Yes you are right. I'm using a 105' radius.
As for the SG, I checked the distance and it is within 50'. Just to be safe, I will give them more room during the exam.

Having exam on Monday. Finger crossing!
Suki

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN