SITE GRADING VIGNETTE FOR COMMENT

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

SITE GRADING VIGNETTE FOR COMMENT

Postby lmarch » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:42 pm

See attached for my grading vignette attempt - feedback is welcome. I also wrote down the process I followed as I haven't seen this posted by many people - let me know if I am missing any steps. Thanks!

ARE – SITE GRADING VIGNETTE PROCESS
1) Orient building so that long dimension is parallel to contours
2) Calculate min and max slopes (W = I/S) where W = spacing, I = contour interval, and S = slope % in decimal format
3) Place building for proposed level area and set building elevation (see program requirements for extension above adjacent contour line)
4) Create first swale around building envelope – should be as tight to building envelope as possible with fingers at “entry”. Swale should be as close to building envelope as possible
5) Adjust contours around first swale as required with swales pointing up towards higher elevation, maintaining max and min spacing with sketch circles. Measure spacing between swales with sketch lines, making sure not to exceed max spacing
6) Only adjust contours that are required
7) Double check solution avoiding all drip lines and property lines!
lmarch

Re: SITE GRADING VIGNETTE FOR COMMENT

Postby lmarch » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Here's the vignette screenshot..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmarch

Re: SITE GRADING VIGNETTE FOR COMMENT

Postby naima801 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:28 pm

I think on the north side, your 106' & 107' might be too close. Can you fit a 5' sketch circle there? Same with 106' as it wraps around the west side of the display. Lines 109' & 110' on the east side also get really close, please verify. Last, I think you want your level surface to wrap closer on the east side of the display. I think those points should almost touch.
naima801

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN