Site Design - Standard Vignette

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design - Standard Vignette

Postby ravileao » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Hello All,

I downloaded the program from NCARB and have the right program this time. Please review and comment. I am not sure how close the trees need to be to provide protection from winter wind. Also, Dorf says to use 2 rows of trees if the trees are perpendicular to the wind (which mine are). It looks like a lot of trees though. Thoughts and comments?

Site Design Std.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ravileao

Re: Site Design - Standard Vignette

Postby dilwilli » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:10 pm

Looks good to me. I'm sure about Dorf's comments regarding two rows of trees. Most of the examples I've seen on the forum do not account for that.
dilwilli

Re: Site Design - Standard Vignette

Postby Sparky83 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:44 am

ravileao wrote:Hello All,

I downloaded the program from NCARB and have the right program this time. Please review and comment. I am not sure how close the trees need to be to provide protection from winter wind. Distance does not matter. Also, Dorf says to use 2 rows of trees if the trees are perpendicular to the wind (which mine are). It looks like a lot of trees though. Thoughts and comments? SEVERE over use of new trees.

Time wasted on too many sketch circles at the pond. They are not graded, but you don't need that many.
New coniferous trees partially block the view of the pond from the restaurant.
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN