Site Design Vignette

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design Vignette

Postby jillion » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:41 pm

site design_.jpg

First attempt for site design vignette.
I am not sure whether or not my access drive is acceptable. in real life, i wont do that. but i was trying to cut less trees. Any feedback is welcome. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jillion

Re: Site Design Vignette

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:52 am

jillion wrote:
site design_.jpg

I am not sure whether or not my access drive is acceptable. in real life, i wont do that. but i was trying to cut less trees. Any feedback is welcome. Thank you!

You don't get any bonus points for saving trees.
A walk crossing a drive is not continuous as required and is a safety issue.
New coniferous trees upwind of the restaurant or upwind of other coniferous trees serve no purpose. Those west of the restaurant are blocking the view to the pond. The two south of the service drive also serve no purpose.
West end of the PP has no winter wind protection.
Walk fails to connect to all 3 HCP parking spaces and fails to connect to the PP. Major error.
The PP does not have to be rectilinear.
Sparky83

Postby jillion » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:07 pm

Thank you for the comments. if i extend the walkway along the handicap parking to the plaza, would it be consider as a continuous walkway system?
jillion

Postby jillion » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:07 pm

Sparky83 wrote:
jillion wrote:
site design_.jpg

You don't get any bonus points for saving trees.
A walk crossing a drive is not continuous as required and is a safety issue.
New coniferous trees upwind of the restaurant or upwind of other coniferous trees serve no purpose. Those west of the restaurant are blocking the view to the pond. The two south of the service drive also serve no purpose.
West end of the PP has no winter wind protection.
Walk fails to connect to all 3 HCP parking spaces and fails to connect to the PP. Major error.
The PP does not have to be rectilinear.

Thank you for the comments. if i extend the walkway along the handicap parking to the plaza, would it be consider as a continuous walkway system?
jillion

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN