SITE DESIGN 4.0 - Question. Please Check

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

SITE DESIGN 4.0 - Question. Please Check

Postby tzkhor » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:15 pm

Question:

The requirement asks to locate Office Tower no more than 125ft. apart from the pond.
- Does it mean the entire building need to be inside the 125ft boundary? Or as long as it is partially within the boundary is acceptable. My solution shows the entire building within the 125ft circle boundary.

Please review my work. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tzkhor

Re: SITE DESIGN 4.0 - Question. Please Check

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:50 am

tzkhor wrote:Question:

The requirement asks to locate Office Tower no more than 125ft. apart from the pond.
- Does it mean the entire building need to be inside the 125ft boundary? NoOr as long as it is partially within the boundary is acceptable. My solution shows the entire building within the 125ft circle boundary.

Please review my work. Thanks.

OT entry is recessed and is not visible from Bentley.
New coniferous trees TOTALLY block the view of the pond from the restaurant. Why do you have new trees upwind and downwind of the restaurant?
Sparky83

Postby tzkhor » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:30 am

" New coniferous trees TOTALLY block the view of the pond from the restaurant. Why do you have new trees upwind and downwind of the restaurant?"

-Oh woah I totally miss this one. I have those trees located on the east side of the restaurant to block view of the service entrance - dint think it through and actually create the error of blocking view from the pond. Would that be enough ( and correct ) -- if I keep the (2) coniferous tress next to the service entrance, and get rid of the rest. Please see new update on the pdf

Another Question:
Regarding blocking wind @ the Plaza,I just want to know if the coniferous trees along the easement are enough for this purpose. Maybe I am overthinking- but do I need to create a row of con.tress along the north side of the plaza ( south of parking lot). In this case, of course I need to move the parking lot north to create room for the trees. Again, I was just thinking out loud, and I know it's bad to plant redundant trees. Please comment.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tzkhor

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:09 am

tzkhor wrote:" New coniferous trees TOTALLY block the view of the pond from the restaurant. Why do you have new trees upwind and downwind of the restaurant?"

-Oh woah I totally miss this one. I have those trees located on the east side of the restaurant to block view of the service entrance - dint think it through and actually create the error of blocking view from the pond. Would that be enough ( and correct ) -- if I keep the (2) coniferous tress next to the service entrance, and get rid of the rest. Please see new update on the pdf How would a person standing on the PP be able to see the service entrance? It's on the north face of the restaurant. NONE of those trees are needed to block views. The 2 new trees east of the restaurant serve no purpose.

Another Question:
Regarding blocking wind @ the Plaza,I just want to know if the coniferous trees along the easement are enough for this purpose. Maybe I am overthinking- but do I need to create a row of con.tress along the north side of the plaza ( south of parking lot). In this case, of course I need to move the parking lot north to create room for the trees. Again, I was just thinking out loud, and I know it's bad to plant redundant trees. Please comment. Distance does not matter.

Thanks.
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN