Site Design 3 attempts

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design 3 attempts

Postby Calisti » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Please let me know if you see anything wrong with my three Site design attempts.

1.Does the walkway have to be drawn at the handicap spaces or can the plaza abut the Handicap spaces?

2. Does the walkway have to cross over the entry of the buildings to touch the plaza or can the entry separate the plaza and walkway and still create a continuous path?

3.It the service properly blocked from the PP on the third design?. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Calisti

Re: Site Design 3 attempts

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Calisti wrote:Please let me know if you see anything wrong with my three Site design attempts.

1.Does the walkway have to be drawn at the handicap spaces or can the plaza abut the Handicap spaces? Walks and the PP are both pedestrian circulation.

2. Does the walkway have to cross over the entry of the buildings to touch the plaza or can the entry separate the plaza and walkway and still create a continuous path? It would be better to overlap the OT entry with the PP.

3.It the service properly blocked from the PP on the third design?. Blocked from what? Thanks

A walk running along the edge of the PP is redundant. "minimize paving" is a program requirement.
Inadequate building separation.
Forcing service vehicles through the parking area is poor design logic.
Sparky83

Postby Calisti » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Thank you for your review.
to clarify this:
3.It the service properly blocked from the PP on the third design?. Blocked from what? Thanks
Program states:
"4. The view of the service entrance to the restaurant shall be blocked from the pedestrian Plaza.... by buildings or trees as appropriate."
Therefore, Is the tree planted adjacent to the service of the restaurant sufficient? or is it not needed as I have seen other solutions without it. Thanks in advance.
Calisti

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Calisti wrote:Thank you for your review.
to clarify this:
Program states:
"4. The view of the service entrance to the restaurant shall be blocked from the pedestrian Plaza.... by buildings or trees as appropriate."
Therefore, Is the tree planted adjacent to the service of the restaurant sufficient? or is it not needed as I have seen other solutions without it. Thanks in advance.

Not needed at all unless you can see through building or around corners. ;)
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN