Vignette overlapping rules

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Vignette overlapping rules

Postby yup1961 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:27 am

Does anyone know the rules for overlapping and adjacency? For example:

-Can the service entry arrow/square overlap the road?
-can the plaza overlap the entry square?
-at what point are the parking spots too far in/out from the road?
-can i just drag the path into the street or patio a couple ft, or do i need to line it up? If they are 1 pixel apart are they not connected?
yup1961

Re: Vignette overlapping rules

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:54 am

yup1961 wrote:Does anyone know the rules for overlapping and adjacency? For example:

-Can the service entry arrow/square overlap the road? Yes, but the 5' building setback still applies. The building is blue.
-can the plaza overlap the entry square? Yes.
-at what point are the parking spots too far in/out from the road? When they connect to a drive or not.
-can i just drag the path into the street or patio a couple ft, or do i need to line it up? If they are 1 pixel apart are they not connected? What?
Sparky83

Re: Vignette overlapping rules

Postby yup1961 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:05 am

Sparky83 wrote:
yup1961 wrote:Does anyone know the rules for overlapping and adjacency? For example:

-can i just drag the path into the street or patio a couple ft, or do i need to line it up? If they are 1 pixel apart are they not connected? What?

When I'm drawing a walkway, should I have it line up exactly with the edge of whatever I'm connecting it to, or can it overlap slightly? Lets say I'm attaching a walkway to a orthogonal pedestrian plaza at a 45 degreeangle, and a corner of my path overlaps the plaza. Do I need to straighten it out?
yup1961

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN