SPD 1st Attempt: Need Eagle Eyes to Review Thank you!

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

SPD 1st Attempt: Need Eagle Eyes to Review Thank you!

Postby bauhausii » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:14 am

Thank you ARE Coach family. Are trees allowed to overlap with existing and new trees, driveway, and walkways? Also part of the plaza will have the office building shadow on it. Is this okay?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bauhausii

Re: SPD 1st Attempt: Need Eagle Eyes to Review Thank you!

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:14 am

Service drive violates the 5' building setback.
Main drive overlaps the easement. Likely fatal.
HCP parking may not fully connect to the drive.
Don't allow any new trees to partially block the view of the pond from the restaurant.
Sparky83

Postby bauhausii » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 pm

That was a good catch. I didn't notice the corner of the easement on the driveway. The building to the driveway was 7' however I moved it more just in case. The ADA parking with a slight nudge seems to have been captured by the driveway. Won't win any design for the layout. Thank you!
bauhausii

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:02 am

bauhausii wrote:That was a good catch. I didn't notice the corner of the easement on the driveway. The building to the driveway was 7' however I moved it more just in case. No. The building touches the driveway. The ADA parking with a slight nudge seems to have been captured by the driveway. Won't win any design for the layout. Thank you!
Sparky83

Postby bauhausii » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:13 pm

Wow! Sparky Thank you! That was fatal. The driveway just needs to touch the white box. I forgot I was in ARE world. Thank you for looking out for us.
bauhausii

Postby Sparky83 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:17 am

bauhausii wrote:Wow! Sparky Thank you! That was fatal. The driveway just needs to touch the white box. I forgot I was in ARE world. Thank you for looking out for us.

It's not likely fatal by itself. It can overlap the entry rectangle, but the 5' building setback still applies.
Sparky83

Postby bauhausii » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:22 am

Tips from the 1st attempt were very helpful. Please see my 2nd attempt and feel free to suggest big picture concepts to refinement tips. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bauhausii

Postby bauhausii » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:56 pm

This forum is very helpful. Sparky is great! The Plaza is 8000.5. Would that be a fail? Next time I will add more bends.
bauhausii

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN