It is a pass !

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

It is a pass !

Postby jijiniuniu » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:10 am

When I woke up , I found it is a pass. Many thanks to the forum and coach to set up this great platform.
Thanks to sparky89 criticizing my vignettes. Super helpful. Thanks to Peashooter 101 for sharing the study material and good luck with your test today !

Study material list :
1. K
2. K Q&A
3. B
4. B Q&A
5. NCARB study guide
6. Site planning and design handbook
7. ADA code
8. Jenny's note
9. SWPP
10. LEED, site part

Personal thinking , SPD pretty straight forward, almost all the questions related to the site design. Such as materials, soils, environments, sustainability, codes.

Next , I will retake the PPP. Some can pass PPP easily , some can't. Please advise if you have any good suggestions.
Thanks in advance .
jijiniuniu

Re: It is a pass !

Postby gbalaka » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:42 am

Stick to the game plan you had for SPD for PPP.

There's only so much you can do to prepare. The exam itself is its own thing. Who knows what you'll get.

I failed SPD and had the opposite reaction than you (was a real head-scratcher for me). Everything else I passed on my first try.....we're all different.

Congrats on your pass.
gbalaka

Postby peashooter101 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Congrats on passing SPD. My SPD MC was ridiculous full of WTF type of questions.
peashooter101

Postby yup1961 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:16 am

I haven't taken SPD yet but in studying for it, I feel like 50% of PPP is in SPD. I just used Ballast and Kaplan together and read them enough times to know the "lense" that the test wants you to see all these topics through. If you understand that, then you can make an educated guess on all the (mostly WTF) questions the test throws at you.

Seriously, PPP is a hot mess. I would have been fine with it if they tested me on the material I spent 2 months studying for from the guides, but they don't. The topics aren't hard so they make it artificially hard to get their pass rates. I passed it but I feel like I got lucky.
yup1961

Postby peashooter101 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:57 am

I got my pass today. When i walked out of that test center, i definitely did not think i passed that MC. Time to switch to 5.0.
peashooter101

Postby jijiniuniu » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Congratulations Peashooter101 !
jijiniuniu

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN