Site Design - First Attempt

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design - First Attempt

Postby lkent » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:57 pm

This is my first attempt and I'm fairly sure I didn't quite get there. Any comments or tips you can provide will help me as I practice.

Things I think I did wrong:

- Not enough of a wind break for PP- winds could come across the parking lot.
- No enough of a view from Bentley to Main Office Entry?
- Anything else I didn't notice?

Are you supposed to consider the entry outlines part of the building? How does that relate to building separation and sidewalks and drives leading up to them?

Thanks for your help! Test is July 5th.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lkent

Re: Site Design - First Attempt

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:17 pm

lkent wrote:This is my first attempt and I'm fairly sure I didn't quite get there. Any comments or tips you can provide will help me as I practice.

Things I think I did wrong:

- Not enough of a wind break for PP- winds could come across the parking lot. Correct. Most of the new trees you added are downwind of the restaurant,
so they don't do anything for you.

- No enough of a view from Bentley to Main Office Entry? OT entry is recessed. It must face north.
- Anything else I didn't notice?

Are you supposed to consider the entry outlines part of the building? No.How does that relate to building separation and sidewalks and drives leading up to them? You can overlap with drives, walks and PP, but the 5' setback for drives still applies. Blue area must be 5' from drives or parking.

Thanks for your help! Test is July 5th.

HCP parking must be entirely within 100' of the OT entry.
Restaurant view of the pond would be better from the long side, and rotating it would shorten the service drive too.
Sparky83

Re: Site Design - First Attempt

Postby lkent » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Great. Thanks for the feedback Sparky83!
lkent

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN