First Try at Grading Plan

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

First Try at Grading Plan

Postby Yakety_Yak » Fri May 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Can anyone see any deficiencies?

thanks!

Yak
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yakety_Yak

Re: First Try at Grading Plan

Postby Sparky83 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:52 am

It appears that you have not met the minimum slope requirements, and there is no evidence that it was checked.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47276
Sparky83

Postby vrcat25 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:33 pm

Again, Yakety. you are very close, but there should be a grade line closer to the building and the minimum can be calculated and checked so that you may adjust your contours according. I had problems understanding this vignette at first too, but than i found this diagram that shows exactly how to do it. Take 20 minutes and read this and let me know if it makes sense -> http://www.dustingoffron.com/ARE/SPDNCA ... ngTips.jpg

Also, I've added an example that shows how to add at top contour where it turns in.->

SPDperpendicularswale.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vrcat25 on Sun May 21, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vrcat25

Postby vrcat25 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Also, make sure to pay attention with how he draws the contour 108 close to the building. See the red lint with the fingers pointing at 108? It doesn't have to be 5' away for max slope because it's the base elevation for the building. Make sure to use sketch lines for minimum slope and that no contours are more than 50' away. For min slope, use sketch lines and for the shorter max slop use sketch circles. it will click for you, just hopefully it does before your test tomorrow. That's kind of short notice, but you can do it. Good luck!
vrcat25

Postby sofiasalvat » Tue May 30, 2017 7:21 am

Thank you @vrcat25. Your response actually ended up helping me! :)

My only question is as follows: someone had commented on the Site Grading vignette I posted yesterday saying that I should not direct water towards the smoke stack. In your example it shows water going towards the smoke stack with the new contouring. Do you know if this is ok or not? @Sparky83?
sofiasalvat

Postby Sparky83 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:35 am

sofiasalvat wrote:Thank you @vrcat25. Your response actually ended up helping me! :)

My only question is as follows: someone had commented on the Site Grading vignette I posted yesterday saying that I should not direct water towards the smoke stack. In your example it shows water going towards the smoke stack with the new contouring. Do you know if this is ok or not? @Sparky83?

Not a problem. Nothing in the program about it.
Sparky83

Postby sofiasalvat » Tue May 30, 2017 7:39 am

Thnx
sofiasalvat

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN