Site Design Vignette - First Attempt Testing Saturday

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design Vignette - First Attempt Testing Saturday

Postby Kgoodman » Thu May 11, 2017 7:07 am

I am testing Saturday morning - any feedback is appreciated!
Program says the restaurant shall have a view of the pond - does my design comply?
Also the program says the Office Tower entry shall be visible from Bently - does my design comply?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kgoodman

Re: Site Design Vignette - First Attempt Testing Saturday

Postby Sparky83 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:49 am

OT entry is recessed and is not visible from Bentley.
Verify building separation.
Rows of parking fail to connect to drives.
New coniferous trees that are downwind of the restaurant are not needed.
Large areas of the PP have no winter wind protection.
How many trees did you kill? Use check function.
Don't allow coniferous trees to block any of the view of the pond from the restaurant.
Sparky83

Postby Kgoodman » Thu May 11, 2017 6:17 pm

OK - I was really unsure about the visibility of the OT entrance - is it fair to assume that if the program says "visible", the entity in reference should directly face the location it should be seen from?

Building separation was exactly the minimum - not ideal, i know.

How do the rows of parking fail to connect to the drive? please explain.

I was using the added coniferous trees to block the PP from the wind. I thought that between the trees and the restaurant it would be protected enough, but I see that the portion closer to the OT is unprotected...If i added a row of coniferous trees between the parking and plaza would that suffice?

I did use the check tool and killed the max allowed.

Thank you Sparky83 for your comments!
Kgoodman

Postby Sparky83 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:35 am

Kgoodman wrote:OK - I was really unsure about the visibility of the OT entrance - is it fair to assume that if the program says "visible", the entity in reference should directly face the location it should be seen from?

Building separation was exactly the minimum - not ideal, i know.

How do the rows of parking fail to connect to the drive? please explain. You can see the edge of the drive across the south row of parking.

I was using the added coniferous trees to block the PP from the wind. Why did you put them downwind of the restaurant?I thought that between the trees and the restaurant it would be protected enough, but I see that the portion closer to the OT is unprotected...If i added a row of coniferous trees between the parking and plaza would that suffice? There isn't room. Distance does not matter, so put them north of the parking area.

I did use the check tool and killed the max allowed.

Thank you Sparky83 for your comments!
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN