SPD Vignette - Alternate - Please comment

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

SPD Vignette - Alternate - Please comment

Postby helenmaynot » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi All,
I found this old book at my office with vignettes - very similar to the one currently on their page and exactly like an old school Dorf video but not sure if it is an alternate so I have written out the program info below. Comments would be appreciated!

1. Locate the 5-story, 60' high Office tower close to the pond - main entrance visible from Bentley Ave.
2/ Locate the 1-story, 20' high restaurant close to the tower.
3. Draw an 8,000 sq ft pedestrian plaza - locate the plaza within the building limit lines so that the main entrance from the office tower opens directly onto the plaza.
4. View of the service entrance shall be blocked by buildings and/or trees, as appropriate.
5. Restaurant shall have a view of the pond.
6. Main entrance of the restaurant shall receive the noon day summer sun - assume a 45-degree solar altitude angle
7. The pedestrian plaza shall be blocked from the prevailing winter winds with trees or buildings, as appropriate.
8. Draw a total of 33 parking spaces - 30 std (9'x18'), 3 HC (didn't specify in program so I went with 12' x 18' from another old school thing). HC to be within 100' of main entry.
9. 1 curb cut
10. Connect the Plaza, the HC parking, and main entrance of two buildings to each other and to the existing public walk with a continuous walkway system - Pedestrian plaza can be part of the continuous circulation system.
10. 30' setback from pond, only kill 6 trees, 5' buffer between buildings and drives, buildings a minimum of 20' apart

Everything else is pretty standard program. Thanks for all your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helenmaynot

Re: SPD Vignette - Alternate - Please comment

Postby mekirsc » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Your public walk is creating a curb cut. Adjust a little south

HC parking spaces should be completely within 100' zone (could move them to north, have parking access drive run to edge of 5' office tower setback, add 2 spaces in middle and one on south)

This is minor but your walkway could stop after the HC spots and after the restaurant entry pad to minimize paving
mekirsc

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN