Site Design Vignette 2nd Attempt !!!

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design Vignette 2nd Attempt !!!

Postby Cookies » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:35 pm

This is my second attempt at the Ncarb vignette. I will be delight for some comments and pointers. Thank you all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cookies

Re: Site Design Vignette 2nd Attempt !!!

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:22 pm

West end of the PP has no winter wind protection.
Coniferous trees should NOT overlap paving. See the tree diagrams. You cannot walk or drive under them.
HCP parking should be entirely within 100' of the OT entry.
New coniferous trees partially block the view of the pond from the restaurant.
Missing a walk to the public walk.
Sketch elements for drives is a waste of time.
Sparky83

Postby Cookies » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Thank you Sparky83 for the sage pointers. I made the west end of the pedestrian plaza have coniferous trees because the Ncarb programs states that "the view of the service entrance on the Restaurant shall be blocked from the PP.

Why you say " Sketch elements for drives is a waste of time", I thought you can only creating the parking with the aid of sketch elements, if there is a faster way please let me know. Thank you Sparky.
Cookies

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:01 pm

Cookies wrote:Thank you Sparky83 for the sage pointers. I made the west end of the pedestrian plaza have coniferous trees because the Ncarb programs states that "the view of the service entrance on the Restaurant shall be blocked from the PP. That doesn't make any sense. The service entry is on the north face of the restaurant. It cannot be seen from the PP, because the PP is entirely south of the north end of the restaurant.

Why you say " Sketch elements for drives is a waste of time", I thought you can only creating the parking with the aid of sketch elements, if there is a faster way please let me know. Thank you Sparky. Just draw the parking and drives. Sketch elements have no effect on anything you draw.
Sparky83

Postby Cookies » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Thanks Sparky your the man. I really appreciation you sharing that with me.
Cookies

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN