Alt 1 1st attempt. Please comment.

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Alt 1 1st attempt. Please comment.

Postby dampok » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:41 pm

First attempt at Alt 1. Took alot more time than I thought. Hardest part was saving the trees. Please let me know if this works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dampok

Re: Alt 1 1st attempt. Please comment.

Postby nobu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:50 am

This one is pretty tough. The obvious problem is the vehicular circulation to the service entrance. Don't think that works.
Thought this problem asked for the PP to receive noonday sun. Why did you insert D trees on south side of the plaza?
Are you trying to use the stage to block the north/east wind?
nobu

Re: Alt 1 1st attempt. Please comment.

Postby dampok » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Thank you Nobu for the critique. I was thinking as long as the service drive touched the service entrance it was good. I will definitely make sure to connect it properly next time. About the trees south of pedestrian plaza the program number 6 says to block the noon sun by trees or buildings. I was trying to block the winds with the restaurant.

Program – ALT 1

A developer plans to build an Office Tower, a Restaurant, and a Pedestrian Plaza on the site, with parking to serve the new buildings.

1. Locate the 5-story, 60 ft high Office Tower away from the entertainment stage.
· The main entrance shall be visible from Bentley Avenue.

2. Locate the 1-story, 20 ft high Restaurant close to the stage.

3. Draw an 8,000 ft² Pedestrian Plaza.
· Locate the Pedestrian Plaza within the building limit lines near the stage.

4. The view of the service entrance of the Restaurant shall be blocked from the Pedestrian Plaza.
· The view of the Service Entrance shall be blocked by buildings and/or trees, as appropriate.

5. The Restaurant shall have a view of the stage.

6. The plaza shall be shaded by trees or buildings at noon.
· Assume a 45° solar altitude angle.
dampok

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN