NCARB Vignette 1st Try

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

NCARB Vignette 1st Try

Postby nobu » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Please comment on this vignette. The Pedestrian Plaza is 8001 sq. ft. and I removed 5 trees.
Will NCARB penalize me for having the walkway go through the vehicular circulation?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nobu

Re: NCARB Vignette 1st Try

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:31 am

A walk crossing a drive is not continuous as required and is a safety issue.l
Restaurant view of the pond is poor. Mostly blocked by new trees.
Verify at least 5' between restaurant and drive on the west side.
A corner of the PP may be in the pond setback.
Sparky83

Postby nobu » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:16 am

Sparky83

Thanks for responding to my 1st try. Please see my 2nd attempt. I believe I was able to
solve the visibility issue with the restaurant to the pond and also creating a continuous walkway circulation.

Concerns:
+ The walkway circulation connection to the Office entry patio. Is this ok?
+ Will partial of the PP be cut off from noonday sun from the Office?
+ And I guess I should've add another tree at the end of the PP near the restaurant entry. Will NCARB penalize me for a small area getting wind?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nobu

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:48 am

nobu wrote:Sparky83

Thanks for responding to my 1st try. Please see my 2nd attempt. I believe I was able to
solve the visibility issue with the restaurant to the pond and also creating a continuous walkway circulation.

Concerns:
+ The walkway circulation connection to the Office entry patio. Is this ok? Yes.
+ Will partial of the PP be cut off from noonday sun from the Office? Yes, but it's a small area
+ And I guess I should've add another tree at the end of the PP near the restaurant entry. Will NCARB penalize me for a small area getting wind? Not enough to matter.

Restaurant view of the pond still blocked by new coniferous trees. They do not have to be adjacent to the PP to block winter winds. Distance does not matter.
Forcing service vehicles through the parking area is poor design logic.
Verify the main drive is at least 5' from the OT.
Sparky83

Postby MACARCHI » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Too many trees. some unnecessary because the R and existing C trees already doing the work.
MACARCHI

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN