Site Design and Site Grading Vignette

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site Design and Site Grading Vignette

Postby latokyo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Please See Comments and Questions Below; Attached are Site Design and Site Grading Vignettes.
Site Design.jpg
Site Grading.jpg

Questions and Comments For Site Grading:

- My strategy was to create a crest that leads the water into the swale at both ends. Does my topography correctly represent this strategy?
- Can the swales at the front of the building be triangulated, or should it be more polygonal to represent proper water drainage?
- For the Base / Floor Elevation, I have the topography wrapped exactly around the building; is this correct, or should I have a tolerance around the building?
- I measured the total distance between topography, not just the horizontal projected distances, none of the grading exceeds 50' separation.

Questions and Comments for Site Design

- I took cues from the NCARB site plan solution by cutting the walkway through the driveway @ the restaurant.
- I added Coniferous trees at the east to block the wind.
- Is it OK NOT to add a buffer around the parking spaces?
- Where do you reference the 100' Distance from the Handicap to the Entrance? Is it from center of space to center of entrance, or end/start of parking space to end/start of entrance?

Thank you for all your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
latokyo

Re: Site Design and Site Grading Vignette

Postby Sparky83 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:33 am

latokyo wrote:Please See Comments and Questions Below; Attached are Site Design and Site Grading Vignettes.

My strategy was to create a crest that leads the water into the swale at both ends. Does my topography correctly represent this strategy? The extra swale NE of the display is not needed.
- Can the swales at the front of the building be triangulated, or should it be more polygonal to represent proper water drainage? What?
- For the Base / Floor Elevation, I have the topography wrapped exactly around the building; is this correct, or should I have a tolerance around the building? Tracing the edge of the display is correct.
- I measured the total distance between topography, not just the horizontal projected distances, none of the grading exceeds 50' separation.

Bring the "points" of 107 closer to each other on the west side of the display.

Questions and Comments for Site Design

- I took cues from the NCARB site plan solution by cutting the walkway through the driveway @ the restaurant. Bad idea. NCARB passing examples contain errors. Repeating them is not recommended and you won't have an example to look at in the testing room.
- I added Coniferous trees at the east to block the wind. You also blocked the view of the pond from the restaurant. New trees east of the restaurant serve no purpose.
- Is it OK NOT to add a buffer around the parking spaces? Does not matter.
- Where do you reference the 100' Distance from the Handicap to the Entrance? Is it from center of space to center of entrance, or end/start of parking space to end/start of entrance? Spaces should be entirely within 100' of the OT entry...point of triangle at building.

Thank you for all your help!

Walks crossing drives are not continuous as required and is a safety issue.
NW corner of the PP has no winter wind protection.
Sparky83

Postby latokyo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Thank you Sparky, very helpful responses. I redid the vignette.

- Can the swales at the front of the building be triangulated, or should it be more polygonal to represent proper water drainage? What?

What I meant is that can the end of the swale at 107' be a point (triangulated) or does it have to be slightly rounded?

What do you think about the public walkway?

Again, anyone's thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
latokyo

Postby Sparky83 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:56 am

latokyo wrote:Thank you Sparky, very helpful responses. I redid the vignette.

What I meant is that can the end of the swale at 107' be a point (triangulated) or does it have to be slightly rounded? No need to round off swales. That just wastes time.

What do you think about the public walkway? ???

Again, anyone's thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

SG is still over graded.

SD-
New coniferous trees partially block the view of the pond from the restaurant. New coniferous trees downwind of the restaurant serve no purpose.
Sparky83

Postby latokyo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:05 pm

Thank you Sparky,

The SG is over-graded, I am assuming I do not need to modify contours 110 and 109?
latokyo

Postby Sparky83 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:34 pm

latokyo wrote:Thank you Sparky,

The SG is over-graded, I am assuming I do not need to modify contours 110 and 109?

Correct.
Sparky83

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN