Grading vignette - slope at edge of pad?

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Grading vignette - slope at edge of pad?

Postby NYCPM » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi all, after a lot of helpful advice regarding the Site Design vignette, I'm enclosing my latest Grading vignette. I think it should be OK with regards to minimum and maximum slopes, but if anyone sees any glaring errors, please let me know!

An issue regarding the grading slope, I just re-read Norman Dorf's comments on this vignette, and he mentions that there is a maximum allowable slope between the edge of the slab and the contour "pad" immediately below it. So, if we were to follow the NCARB practice, with 1' contour intervals and a 20% max. slope, there would need to be a minimum of 2'-6" from the edge of the locomotive display and the contour immediately below (in my example, the 107' contour). However, I would imagine that slope is not an issue in this case, as it is not a landscaping/grading feature, more of a "step" between the display slab and the grass. Does anyone else agree?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NYCPM

Re: Grading vignette - slope at edge of pad?

Postby aa_banned » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:19 am

This question has come up many times. Yes, the wrap around contour can even overlap the pad, as long as you make the 2 swales work..
aa_banned

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN