Poor Ballast Score

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Poor Ballast Score

Postby Sirengirl » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:41 am

I just took one of the Ballast questions and answers and scored an alarming 44 percent. :shock: Debating on rescheduling this one. Exam in 2 weeks, but I am taking one right after another (PPP the day after). Anyone get a poor score on the ballast and pass? Thanks!

PS scored a 77% on the NCARB practice exam and a 60% on the Kaplan.
Sirengirl

Re: Poor Ballast Score

Postby balow34 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:30 am

Hang in there. Try to figure out where you were off on your answers and refocus on studying that material versus pushing it off. I'm doing the same thing you are: testing for SPD on 10/28 (2-weeks!!!! :shock: ) and follow it up with PPP on 11/9.

The overlap of content is so high that it made sense to study for these together and basically take them back to back. That said, don't give up. If you don't feel ready, then trust your gut feelings. Otherwise, hang in there and go back through the content. I have personally struggled with Ballast for studying. To me, their books are fact after fact after fact and it becomes overwhelming to study with. Kaplan will use diagrams, sketches, and seems to be more story-telling than an encyclopedia of information. A cross between the two is a good comparison, in my opinion, of exam-type questions.
balow34

Postby verygnar2meetU » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Two weeks is plenty of time to continue with your studying and improve your confidence. Stay the course.
verygnar2meetU

Postby Sirengirl » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Thanks guys! I will continue to keep moving forward!
Sirengirl

Postby blancovero » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 am

I took SPD in March and I failed in the vignette. I found the questions very very straight forward, much simpler than Ballast and/or Kaplan.
I am upset because the big failing was the site design vignette. I am back to the books trying to re-fresh the study material.
Good luck and use the Q&A from Ballast and Kaplan as a reference. NCARB guide is a great source for testing yourself.
2 weeks to go is plenty of time to wrap everything up and go to the test.
Good luck!
blancovero

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN