site design final

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

site design final

Postby archnet » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:38 am

Can someone please review trhis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
archnet

Re: site design final

Postby Chelaaaa » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:02 pm

I only have 3 comments:

-The office tower main entrance should be visible from Bentley AVE. You need to rotate this.
-Your C. Tree is in the middle of the drive way and another is overlapping the one going to the service entrance of the restaurant. You can not walk or drive under these trees. Please move.
-Your walkway to the restaurant is too close to the building. "Drives, traffic aisles, and parking spaces shall be no closer than 5' to a building."
Chelaaaa

Postby archnet » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Isnt the OT entrace is still visible from the bentley Avenue? I thought we could rotate OT to a max of 90 degree to Bentley. By doing this I could get PP to have summer sun. If I dont do this, some portion of the PP will be shaded by OT.
I will move the C trees away from the walkways and drives.
Drives, traffic aisles and parking are not to be within 5'. Program does not call for walkways. Can you clarify this.
archnet

Postby Chelaaaa » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:37 pm

archnet wrote:Isnt the OT entrace is still visible from the bentley Avenue? I thought we could rotate OT to a max of 90 degree to Bentley. By doing this I could get PP to have summer sun. If I dont do this, some portion of the PP will be shaded by OT.
I will move the C trees away from the walkways and drives.
Drives, traffic aisles and parking are not to be within 5'. Program does not call for walkways. Can you clarify this.

-I see your point but be careful of the C trees near bentley because they can block the view in some locations.
-Thanks.
-Wouldn't the walkway be considered part of a traffic aisle?
Chelaaaa

Postby archnet » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:51 pm

I will try my best to orient the building towards Bentley. However, some portion of PP is compromised from Summer sun. I dont know how much percentage is allowed to be shaded.
As far as walkways coming within 5' of buildings is concerened, NCARB passing solution shows them close to the building. I dont believe walkways are part of traffic aisles. Traffic aisles are rows in parking lots that are used primarily for parking.
I would also like to point out that post balckout NCARB soluton shows walk ways abutting OT. I perceive walkways more like concrete/pedestrian walking pads that are allowed around the perimeter of the building. This is just my understanding.
archnet

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN