1st Site Design vignette !!!

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

1st Site Design vignette !!!

Postby Future » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi everyone, I am testing Thursday. I am in desperate need for critique on my vignette. Thank you. I appreciate any critique.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Future

Re: 1st Site Design vignette !!!

Postby Chelaaaa » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:43 am

-Some of your C. trees are slightly overlapping the driveways and walkways. You can not walk or drive under those type of trees. Move them over a little.

-I don't think you need two walkways.

-Even though you are fine with the pond setbacks, I think your circles are over the requirements. Also, the setbacks start on the edge of the pond, not in the middle. (Edit: Nevermind. I've seen it both ways. Just make sure the setback dimension is correct.)

-I can't tell from your design, but check the distance between the HC spaces and the main entry of the Office Tower, not the corner of the building. Also, bring the plaza closer the the spaces. Make sure your plaza doesn't overlap your parking.

-Your driveway angles look really tight around the service entry of the restaurant. Simplify your design and don't have a lot of angles. I think the minimum road segment length you can have is 20'. (see page 14 of the updated NCARB program)

-Check how close your paving is to your buildings. Make sure you at least have a clearance of 5'.

Good luck on your exam!
Chelaaaa

Postby Future » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:02 pm

Thanks Chelsaa for the critic I really needed it badly. I misread the program thinking the restaurant must be connected to the plaza that's why my development is so crazy. My handicap parking might be too far apart. Thanks again.
Future

Postby Chelaaaa » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Future wrote:Thanks Chelsaa for the critic I really needed it badly. I misread the program thinking the restaurant must be connected to the plaza that's why my development is so crazy. My handicap parking might be too far apart. Thanks again.

You're welcome! Remember, you can also tie the restaurant to the plaza with a walkway too! :)
Chelaaaa

Postby Future » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Chelaa do you know much about the site grading. I follow Dorf guide but I am still finicky on it. I just want to know the bear bones necessary to creating good solutions. Thanks again, its nice to see people helping.
Future

Postby Chelaaaa » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:43 am

Future wrote:Chelaa do you know much about the site grading. I follow Dorf guide but I am still finicky on it. I just want to know the bear bones necessary to creating good solutions. Thanks again, its nice to see people helping.

I'm decent on the site grading. I know how to start it off with the slope calculation, but I always have a habit of over manipulating the grade. For notes, I went to the AREforum FTP site for tips and these websites:

http://arendurance.files.wordpress.com/ ... nypdx2.pdf (page 39)
http://www.dustingoffron.com/ARE/SPDper ... rswale.bmp
http://www.dustingoffron.com/ARE/SPDNCA ... ngTips.jpg
Nalsa (See Attached)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chelaaaa

Postby Future » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:43 am

Chelaa you are the best, I am of much appreciation. Thank you very much. I think I am ready now to tackle the exam tomorrow.
Future

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN