Dorf-alt2

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Dorf-alt2

Postby oreo » Sun May 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi,
This is my first attempt with this vignette and I would appreciate if you can critique it. I noticed that my driveway is not connecting all the way to william st..
Is my plaza proportion too awkward? I read on the dorf sample that conifer trees due to profile cant touch parking, roadway or sidewalks...one of my trees is touching a bit the sidewalk. What should it be an appropriate separation?
Also can I break the driveway like I did to get to my service entrance or that is too short of a distance for a break?

Thanks much!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oreo

Re: Dorf-alt2

Postby Blair261 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:45 am

A few things.
1) Avoid placing new trees beyond building line. Trees in front of Church School are beyond Building Line. Move school north to make the trees work. 2) Sidewalk for HC parking does not need to go past parking stalls. Stop sidewalk at last HC stall. 3) School Hall's service is to be blocked from William Street. Add a couple more C-trees North and NW of the service drive. That is what I noticed. Good Luck.
Blair261

Re: Dorf-alt2

Postby oreo » Mon May 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Thanks for your comments!
oreo

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN