Tested now! March 3rd!

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Tested now! March 3rd!

Postby KDOLAT » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:52 pm

MC was very difficult. I would say around 20% of it I had never heard of before! 30% i found very very tricky from the information on study guides. And the remaining 50% was not even easy except for 5-10 questions!!!

Site design vignette was at the same level as ncarb sampl vignette. Straightforward!
Site grading, however, was a but tough since the space to place the building was tight but doable!

This was my second exam of all so I may not be that experienced!
What i studied: ballast, kaplan, nalsa flashcards, jenny's notes, some of the audios from arr prep ( not recommended as much for this test), dorf vignette videos.

Good luck.
KDOLAT

Re: Tested now! March 3rd!

Postby dab11 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:55 pm

I'm testing tomorrow and I've studied Kaplan and Ballast but also feel like there's going to be more info than what is available in those two resources on the exam. Are there any other sources you'd recommend going over before the exam? Thanks!
dab11

Postby KDOLAT » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:07 pm

dab11 wrote:I'm testing tomorrow and I've studied Kaplan and Ballast but also feel like there's going to be more info than what is available in those two resources on the exam. Are there any other sources you'd recommend going over before the exam? Thanks!

I think my knowledge over materials & CDS was not enough. If you have access to Nalsa flash cards, skim over, and if not Jenny's notes. Maybe skimming CDS or PPP in Ballast could help! I don't know if they're extra sources are out there, but maybe by online search you could get more in depth information over some concepts from ballast and kaplan... :roll:
KDOLAT

Postby ppetrarch » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Hopefully you get a passing score.,
Where did you get the Dorf vignettes video from
Thankx
ppetrarch

Postby KDOLAT » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:11 pm

ppetrarch wrote:Hopefully you get a passing score.,
Where did you get the Dorf vignettes video from
Thankx

Nalsa has it. I got it through my company. I think if read all the comments from people in this forum you'll be fine with vignettes.
KDOLAT

Postby dab11 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:29 pm

KDOLAT wrote:I think my knowledge over materials & CDS was not enough. If you have access to Nalsa flash cards, skim over, and if not Jenny's notes. Maybe skimming CDS or PPP in Ballast could help! I don't know if they're extra sources are out there, but maybe by online search you could get more in depth information over some concepts from ballast and kaplan... :roll:

Have you taken CDS or PPP yet? I've taken both so maybe what I learned studying for those will be enough...it's getting late and my brain is fried! Thanks for your response.
dab11

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN