Site designs Vignette 1st try

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

Site designs Vignette 1st try

Postby yoeama » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Can someone give me some feedback on the attached site design vignette?
thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yoeama

Re: Site designs Vignette 1st try

Postby jamb'd » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:07 pm

It looks good to me. The only minor point that I would mention, you need 5' building setbacks from any drives. Your restaurant's entry pad butts your driveway. I don't know how that would be scored. To be safe, I would keep a 5' separation.
jamb'd

Postby ARESV » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:42 pm

HI Y,
would you not want your plaza at the prop. of 1:2.
plaza overlaps that mysterious pad of the OT, wonder if the comp. will go crazy.

btw am i mistaken , isn't there a 210' separation required between the OT and the Rest?
I have seen so many solutions without it, getting kind of confusing.
ARESV

Postby bruno » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:19 pm

ARESV
Your design is clean and cut, you did a good job on the parking lot. your plaza looks sharp. But your major error is the distance of the Office Tower and Restaurant needs to be at least 210' away. Refer to the ncarb program number 2. I know this can get confuse but keep in mind that NCARB has updated the software and the program has changed.
Good Luck
bruno

Postby mick2 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:51 pm

The office tower needs to be no more than 125' from pond
mick2

Postby yoeama » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:38 pm

Thanks for all your comments. It was very helpful.
Here is another version. Some of you are right the building needed to be separated 210 ft min. I also want to mention that I tried to align the edges of walkways and pads at the buildings entries. It was impossible to achieve. I think it is ok as long as they overlap slightly.
I’m also attaching the first attempt of the site regarding exercise. Please feel free to comment.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yoeama

Postby ArchFaction » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Site grading - Layout the length of your building parallel to your contours not perpendicular, it will be the most efficient layout and the least grading. Also place the building on a more level portion of the site away from obstructions.
ArchFaction

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN