computer FAILED during test today!!!!!

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

computer FAILED during test today!!!!!

Postby Rico » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:37 pm

I took SPD today. PC at prometrics failed during the site grading vignette. Icons were not working. Could not select anything, then the "set elevation" tool didn't work. I reported it to the staff, they came they checked, lost what? 2 minutes? they assigned me to another workstation....I was totally in shock and out of concentration. Computer started again, "set pad elevation" didn't work too, I lost maybe another 2 minutes, guy explained me he was going to write report to NCARB and to his supervisor, he came back and told me to continue without setting the pad elevation... I explained that is a fail mistake because the pad elevation is mandatory,....at that point frustration, shock and panic were in my mind at the same time...totally out of focus and concentration.....I got myself together and continued working and trying the "Set pad elevation" icon many times....boom...magic... worked!
I finished, but the computer was acting up, very slow movement of the mouse, problems selecting stuffs, the upper section where the clock is was flickering at every second and I am not exaggerating...against all odds I finished both vignettes... not sure how......then in my last minute I was doing a final check and boom...." you ran out of time" popped up.....during my last minute!!!!!!!!!
WTH????
Has anyone experienced something like that?
They just told me to contact the Architect Board and NCARB...I am shocked and frustrated...all this effort, time and dedication, and of course skipped work to take the damn test....all gone because of the stupidy of the NCARB testing program....
Please share your thoughts or experience with something similar...not sure how NCARB handles this...and to make it worst...ARE 4.0 retires tomorrow!!!!!
:oops: :? :brick:
Rico

Re: computer FAILED during test today!!!!!

Postby Saecca » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:30 am

I didn't have this problem, but I did see on the NCARB 4.0 SPD Google Plus page several people experienced computer problems. Go to the page and take a look for the thread. I think Michelle NCARB or Nick NCARB were the ones responding to them. I believe one girl already NCARB reaching out to her about it...
Saecca

Postby Rico » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:25 pm

As far a now NCARB:
Transitioned me to the 5.0
I failed my test
The pc was really not responsive. That affected my performance.
I have not seen prometric report of the issue. I’m going tomorrow to ask for it.
NCARB has been BS my complaint for 5 days now. Nobody knows what is going on.
I want either a free test or my money back or a grade of my test based on the failures of the program.
I am NOT giving up until I’m satisfied with the outcome. Bs the way you have to get your license.
Rico

Postby Coach » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Rico wrote:As far a now NCARB:
Transitioned me to the 5.0
I failed my test
The pc was really not responsive. That affected my performance.
I have not seen prometric report of the issue. I’m going tomorrow to ask for it.
NCARB has been BS my complaint for 5 days now. Nobody knows what is going on.
I want either a free test or my money back or a grade of my test based on the failures of the program.
I am NOT giving up until I’m satisfied with the outcome. Bs the way you have to get your license.

What did your score report say?
Coach
Site Admin

Postby Rico » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:19 pm

The same BS Failed or passed score say: NOTHING that makes you an architect.
NCARB really sucks.
And to make it even worst. You don’t have the right to see prometric report because it’s in their rules when ok pay for the dam test. I can’t believe nobody had sued them both. It’s just not correct.
Rico

Postby Coach » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:42 pm

What I was getting at is, did you fail only because of the vignettes?
You should get your board involved too.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN