spd failed...UPDATE** PASSED on 2nd try

Site Grading & Site Design Vignettes and Multiple Choice

spd failed...UPDATE** PASSED on 2nd try

Postby Babyranie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:08 am

Hi, I just got my SPD exam score back (1st try) and unfortunately i failed :? - Material & technology (level 3) and site design vignette(level 3).
i got out of the exam 2 weeks ago thinking that i probably failed the MC part and aced the vignettes. i thought i studied pretty hard by reading all the recommended materials 1-2 times, memorizing all the things needed, and practiced alts couple of times. but i'd say 90% of my MC questions are not from what i've had read for SPD, i had to use my common sense to answer them... and the site grading vignette was straight forward, site design was tricky but i thought i solved all the program requirements. so i have no idea what i did wrong..
even though i'm clueless but i have to move on, i already rescheduled spd in 2 month and i need to re-read all the materials. i am wondering what i should study different than i did before, so here is a list of things i studied last time.
-ballast
-ncarb guides
-caroline's notes, jenny's notes
-caroline's ppp notes.
-defensible space
-mock up exams- ballast, keplan and gang chan
-vignettes- ncarb and alts 123

i will be very nervous if i fail again because 4.0 is retiring soon. and of your advice would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE*** Fast forward 2 month later, I received my pass score this morning.
I thought I prepared very well on my first try but I failed with Material & technology (level 3) and site design vignette(level 3).

so to prepare for my 2nd try, in addition to re-study all the SPD material above, I also read the SWPPP guideline, Kaplan SPD book, ballast BDCS section (lighting stuff), Jenny's BDCS notes (material stuff), ncarb vignette and all alts 1-5, googling/youtubing lighting types.
I went into my exam 2 weeks ago feeling prepared, but I felt not too great after I finished the MC. i think time management was my problem for MC. I ran out of time to review all the marked answers. Luckily I passed it and with PPP and CDS, i am transitioning to 5.0. I really appreciate all the help I received here and thank you for all the comments for my vignette posts. Good luck to everyone!
Last edited by Babyranie on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Babyranie

Re: spd FAILED

Postby priscilla17 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:20 pm

I found the EPA's SWPPP guide critical for my exam (pdf available online free) and a quick skim through materials on lighting if you have time. Search the forum for links and resources for lighting. Hope this helps!
priscilla17

Re: spd FAILED

Postby Babyranie » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:24 pm

priscilla17 wrote:I found the EPA's SWPPP guide critical for my exam (pdf available online free) and a quick skim through materials on lighting if you have time. Search the forum for links and resources for lighting. Hope this helps!

thank you, priscilla17!
Babyranie

Re: spd failed...UPDATE** PASSED on 2nd try

Postby Babyranie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:54 am

UPDATE*** Fast forward 2 month later, I received my pass score this morning. :D
Babyranie

Return to SPD - SITE PLANNING & DESIGN