Passed, thanks be to God

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Passed, thanks be to God

Postby jdunks » Thu May 31, 2018 3:56 am

Just found out I passed this. I studied Jenny pdx, Carolyn, and this forum. Listened to Schiff Hardin lectures, just the A201, B101, and Delivery/Procurement. Took Kaplan Q&A, but did not study Kaplan book itself. Skimmed NPS historic pres guidelines (so lengthy!). Did the vignette probably 8-12 times, based on a nice video guide, posted once to make sure I was grasping it successfully. I was also studying SPD at the same time, so I studied Jenny, Carolyn, Kaplan, and Kaplan Q&A for that. Lots of overlapping study info between these two exams. Unlike Structural or Buliding Systems, I didn't find this exam to be especially random or surprising. Many fewer head-scratchers and what-the-hecks.
jdunks

Re: Passed, thanks be to God

Postby greek22 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:23 pm

Congratulations!! That's amazing! Did you pass on the first try? What do you think helped you most on this exam?
greek22

Postby jdunks » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:21 am

Hi Greek, I find that Jenny and Carolyn are the best. For other exams, when I had more time, I'd make their guides into flashcards, but I don't have enough time for that these days. I also have been working for an A/E firm for 8 years, and a regular architectural firm 5 years before that, so I think that helped too, since I've put tons of drawings together, have Code knowledge, and have done CA. Schiff Hardin really crystalized contractual stuff for me and was a painless way to supplement reading over the actual contracts, since I listened to it during commutes. There was certainly useful stuff in NPS Historic Pres guidelines, but like everyone says that's a very low return comparing bulk of study material to probable number of questions. I made sure I knew ADA stuff but I've been drawing that for years now so it was mostly stuff I already knew. I did pass it on my first try, maybe 3-4 weeks of study which was split between PPP & SPD. Prayed pretty regularly about it all too. Hope you do great, and will pray for you as well!
jdunks

Postby greek22 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:40 am

Thank you for sharing! And thank you for your prayers! I really appreciate it! Congrats again! :D
greek22

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE