Vignette Review Please :)

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Vignette Review Please :)

Postby sini_are » Tue May 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi All,

Testing in a day and would really appreciate any comments / advise on the vignette.

Couple things would like to get some clarification.

1) Does the 30degree line need to be exact? I wasn't able to get exact, i was at 30.02 when I did the sketch up and when i drew the building profile, it wasn't snapping to the sketch up and ended up with a 30.20ish degree. any tips / tracks to get to the exact 30 without spending 20 minutes?

2) does the bldg profile need to be drawn over the grade line? to make the building profile a closed shape?

Any comments are welcome!
Thank you and appreciate it! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sini_are

Re: Vignette Review Please :)

Postby thd7t » Wed May 30, 2018 7:43 am

sini_are wrote:Hi All,

Testing in a day and would really appreciate any comments / advise on the vignette.

Couple things would like to get some clarification.

1) Does the 30degree line need to be exact? I wasn't able to get exact, i was at 30.02 when I did the sketch up and when i drew the building profile, it wasn't snapping to the sketch up and ended up with a 30.20ish degree. any tips / tracks to get to the exact 30 without spending 20 minutes?
30.2 is fine. NCARB has tolerances built in.

2) does the bldg profile need to be drawn over the grade line? to make the building profile a closed shape?
No. Don't do this. Go one click below the grade line.

Any comments are welcome!
Thank you and appreciate it! :)

You have a major error in your sections. You didn't cut at the section line, so your lot B section goes too far to the west.

If you haven't watched NCARB's video on the vignette, do so. It has a few good pointers.
thd7t

Postby sini_are » Wed May 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Ah, thanks! it was a complete fail :(

I gave it another try and please provide comments if there is other things you see that's incorrect.

Thanks! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sini_are

Postby Demeter » Wed May 30, 2018 3:41 pm

I think your second attempt looks good.

For the 30 degree angle, you can get it exact if you draw it while zoomed to the full screen. (You may not be able to see closely enough to start the line where you intend, but once it is drawn, you can zoom in and quickly move it into place.)

Good luck!
Demeter

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE