PPP Can't Pass - Help with my Vignette Please!

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

PPP Can't Pass - Help with my Vignette Please!

Postby ks1522 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:55 pm

I have taken the PPP exam twice and passed the MC portion but failed the Vignette. I have NO idea what I'm doing wrong and it's so frustrating. I'm taking it a third time in the next two weeks so please let me know any feedback on my vignette below (or in general) that could be helpful. Pretty please!! :)

The last time I took the exam (60 days ago), I did drew the grade line at the bottom first, deleted my sketch lines and then went back to do the rest I make sure my surface improvements and building area doesn't fall within the setbacks, I make sure my max building profile envelope line is one click into the existing grade line, I keep the building profile envelope line under the 30 degree angle, I stack the building area directly over the surface improvements area at the lake setback and I check all my measurements with the measure tool throughout. I am at a loss for what else I should be doing to pass this exam! Anything glaring standing out when you look at these photos?

Note: I passed the vignette for CDS and SPD with no issues. So it's not that I can't use the clunky software. I passed CDS and SPD so passing this before I transition to 5.0 is very important to me. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

02.jpg
01.jpg
04.jpg
[attachment=0]05.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ks1522

Re: PPP Can't Pass - Help with my Vignette Please!

Postby Yakety_Yak » Mon May 14, 2018 5:08 pm

What you possibly may be having trouble with is the 2 lines in NCARB practice program that read this:

Max bldg. height limit within 65' of west PL of Lot A shall be 45' above benchmark.
Max bldg. height limit 0'-40' of east PL of Lot B shall be 20' above the grade at the PL.

I noticed on the exam could be tricking us up with the "within" wording, both may say lot A, or you may have a tolerance of 40-60 feet. This threw me way off and I had 2 fails. I've been looking for the so many alternates that could trick me up like the exam did but can't seem to find anything that goes more along the lines of the exam.

I found the vimeohttps://vimeo.com/50457422 video helped me the most with strategy, but the words I mentioned above along with other parts of the program can still trick you up if you let them.

Hope this helps. :roll:

Yak
Yakety_Yak

Postby ks1522 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:44 pm

Thank you so much for the feedback Yak! It seems everyone has already moved over to the 5.0 forum and it's pretty quiet over here...

That is the video I've been referencing for the vignette as well. I have the Dorf book and practiced those as alternates before I took PPP the last time and still failed. Maybe I am getting confused on the wording during the real exam like you mentioned below? I can't think of anything else that I could be doing wrong.

Good luck if you are retaking it again as well!
ks1522

Postby Yakety_Yak » Wed May 16, 2018 8:03 am

Yo:

I have 2 vignettes, but for the life of me I cannot find the programs for them. Do you know where I can find these?

Also make sure you use this info if you haven't already. http://arehelp.webs.com/ppp

Lastly, everyone is telling me do the Sajjad ALts to pass see link, http://www.areforum.org/up/Building%20Technology/Alt%20Practice%20Plans/Sajjad%27s%20Alts/

But I still cannot find any programs or site zoning information in his links.

Yak
Yakety_Yak

Postby ks1522 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:58 pm

Are you asking for the Dorf programs to go with the two vignettes you have? Or something else? It was a little unclear in your message. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Sajjad ALts and don't have any material for it.
ks1522

Postby Yakety_Yak » Tue May 22, 2018 1:09 pm

ks1522 wrote:Are you asking for the Dorf programs to go with the two vignettes you have? Or something else? It was a little unclear in your message. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Sajjad ALts and don't have any material for it.

No I have the Dorf book, I am referring to the site zoning alternate ones labeled
B6TUT2W1 and B6TUT3W1. I need the program for those 2.

Yak
Yakety_Yak

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE