PPP & CDS fail before transition

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

PPP & CDS fail before transition

Postby StudyManny » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:49 pm

Results came in from my latest exam; PPP. Failed with Level 2 in both Programming and Analysis and Project And Practice Management. I am retaking CDS this Monday the 30th. Last time I took CDS I failed with a Level 2 in Project and Practice Management and Level 1 in Environmental Issues.

Any tips on how to better prepare for these highly scenario based questions Im getting? I am currently reinforcing Project and Practice Management in preparation of Monday???

I am using a lot of the recommended books and materials. Ballast, Harden, Caroline, Jenny, Emily, IBC, Kaplan, AHPP 14th ed. & 15th. EPA website, Sec. of Interiors website, ARECoach forum, google, wikipedia... hahaha theres so much hahahah. But I am basing my effort on the NCARB ARE guidelines pdf breaking down what they ask us to know and understand.
StudyManny

Re: PPP & CDS fail before transition

Postby cma52572 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:55 pm

CDs listen to the Schiff Hardin lectures!!! They are excellent...I mean it is painful because they are long but they do a great job of explaining the CD stuff.

As for PPP. still not sure if I passed the second time. I was trying to think of what I would say about critical study material for that test and I'm just not sure. the questions were so from left field. I did find the conventional books ie Ballast, Gang Chen, etc pretty useless. They just were not in depth enough.

If I fail PPP again I will likely listen to Schiff Hardin again. But we shall see...here's hoping I am done w/ PPP.
Best of luck on CDs. You can do it. I'm telling you listen to those lectures.
cma52572

Postby StudyManny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:08 pm

cma52572 wrote:If I fail PPP again I will likely listen to Schiff Hardin again. But we shall see...here's hoping I am done w/ PPP.
Best of luck on CDs. You can do it. I'm telling you listen to those lectures.

Thanks! How did you do? Three and done???

Well I passed my CD+S Exam!!! and Im onto PPP (2nd go) on the 20th. (1st PPP, I thought I studied very well but the exam questions I felt where everywhere)

I have heard the S.Harden Lectures multiple times especially their lessons on A201 and B101, but I will give them another listen this time aswell. They are great...

This time around I am really just trying to break down NCARB's 4.0 PPP guideline and go into depth on the 2 areas that I got a Level 2 in. Programming and Analysis and Practice Management; which since I passed CD&S I hope this means I have already improved on the Practice Management part of the exam. I am also looking into the Caroline/Jenny notes from other exams SPD BS SD, and even reviewing the "Existing IBC".

How have people here best studied the Programming & Analysis material of this test.. ?
StudyManny

Postby Ruby » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:44 am

Problem Seeking by William Pena was integral to me passing PPP the second time. If you search on Google, you can find a PDF copy. I also studied only AEP's PPP and Caroline and Jenny's Notes for my second time around. Have you passed SPD? I think taking that and studying for that also helped me in my PPP test. I suggest studying some of the SPD content as well (again, AEP has great stuff for SPD!).
Ruby

Postby StudyManny » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Ruby wrote:Problem Seeking by William Pena was integral to me passing PPP the second time. If you search on Google, you can find a PDF copy. I also studied only AEP's PPP and Caroline and Jenny's Notes for my second time around. Have you passed SPD? I think taking that and studying for that also helped me in my PPP test. I suggest studying some of the SPD content as well (again, AEP has great stuff for SPD!).

Thnx Ruby,
Yes, "Problem Solving" by W.Pena is in my study materiel and I have also been looking into the SPD notes from Jenny and other SPD exam guides. I heard AEPs audio while studying with a friend. I have not taken SPD and with 4.0 ending in 2 weeks I am not planning on taking it either. Just planning on getting this one passed so it can count with my CDS exam and help me achieve the transition credits.

Recent additional study material has been going to the EPA website, and Michigan States "A Community Guide to Repurposing Vacant and Underutilized Historic Buildings FINAL" pdf. and scrolling through wbdg.org website.
StudyManny

Postby fare75 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:57 am

StudyManny wrote:
Ruby wrote:Problem Seeking by William Pena was integral to me passing PPP the second time. If you search on Google, you can find a PDF copy. I also studied only AEP's PPP and Caroline and Jenny's Notes for my second time around. Have you passed SPD? I think taking that and studying for that also helped me in my PPP test. I suggest studying some of the SPD content as well (again, AEP has great stuff for SPD!).

Thnx Ruby,
Yes, "Problem Solving" by W.Pena is in my study materiel and I have also been looking into the SPD notes from Jenny and other SPD exam guides. I heard AEPs audio while studying with a friend. I have not taken SPD and with 4.0 ending in 2 weeks I am not planning on taking it either. Just planning on getting this one passed so it can count with my CDS exam and help me achieve the transition credits.

Recent additional study material has been going to the EPA website, and Michigan States "A Community Guide to Repurposing Vacant and Underutilized Historic Buildings FINAL" pdf. and scrolling through wbdg.org website.

Programming: "Problem Solving" Part 1 + AHPP Programming chapter
Practice Management: AIA docs + Schiff Hardin lectures + AHPP
* I only used AHPP student version
fare75

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE