Question regarding 1)FF&E and 2)Spot Zoning

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Question regarding 1)FF&E and 2)Spot Zoning

Postby ohclinue » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:49 pm

Hi while I was studying through PPP material I came across these questions that I couldn't find the definitive answers.

1) In what phase should FF&E be considered?
At first I thought it would be programming because you might want to include the budget for FF&E(allowance..? or is it completely disregarded because FF&E is not part of construction budget) but doesn't FF&E usually require consultant's involvement? so should it be SD? DD? or CD? ... i dunno..

2) If the owner was changed for the property under spot zoning to whom it no longer applies what should he/she do?
For an example, in conditional use for a school in different zoning area owner change might not be affected as long as the use is same as for public good... but how does it work for one to proceed in the spot zoning with a new owner?
ohclinue

Re: Question regarding 1)FF&E and 2)Spot Zoning

Postby Coach » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:05 pm

ohclinue wrote:1) In what phase should FF&E be considered?
At first I thought it would be programming because you might want to include the budget for FF&E(allowance..? or is it completely disregarded because FF&E is not part of construction budget) but doesn't FF&E usually require consultant's involvement? so should it be SD? DD? or CD? ... i dunno..

Too vague. For some uses, FFE must be considered immediately. For others, it might never be an issue for the architect.

2) If the owner was changed for the property under spot zoning to whom it no longer applies what should he/she do?
For an example, in conditional use for a school in different zoning area owner change might not be affected as long as the use is same as for public good... but how does it work for one to proceed in the spot zoning with a new owner?

Spot zoning is illegal. CUP's are transferable to a new owner.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE