PASSED!!!

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

PASSED!!!

Postby fare75 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:19 am

4 pass in a row in 3 months! (BDCS retake, BS retake, CDS and PPP) :D
Since many people said PPP is pretty random, so I'd like to share what I studied for 1 month.

Prerequisite: CDS. I took & passed CDS 1 month before PPP and it's a big help. For the project & practice management part in PPP, rather than learning from scratch, I was reinforcing what I am weak at.

-Problem Seeking: read the first half...then read programming chapters on AHPP!!!
    Professional Practice a Guide to Turning Design into Buildings: it's on NCARB PPP guide and it's only $13 on Kindle. Would be helpful for those who do not take CDS before PPP. If you've passed CDS, dive into AHPP!
    -Ballast: PPP & SPD chapters
    -Caroline Notes
    -AHPP Student version: relevant chapters, particularly Risk Management, Programming, Project Management, Project Delivery, Scheduling, Sustainable Design, Code.
    -Review B101 and A201 with Schiff Hardin Lecture
    -The Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Historic Preservation: I read the whole PDF file. Know the differences between Preservation, Rehabilitation, Restoration and Reconstruction then I focused on rehabilitation and skimmed the rest. The code-required work part is quite helpful for me in the exam.
    -Hazard Materials: Chemicals and Toxics on EPA website
    -Building Codes Illustrated
    -NCARB guide practice questions only. Spent most of the time reviewing all sorts of materials rather than doing 3rd party practice exams.
    -This forum and Google+ ARE 4.0 community! :lol:

Studied but not relevant on my exam:
    -Defensible Space by Oscar Newman on Youtube
    -New Urbanism lecture by Andres Duany on Youtube
    -Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) from EPA website

There were some seismic related questions. I am planing to skim FEMA454 for SPD in 1.5 week.
fare75

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE