pretty sure I failed PPP at last minute w/ vignette software

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

pretty sure I failed PPP at last minute w/ vignette software

Postby cma52572 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi all,
I just got back from the test and man was it a roller coaster.

I felt great about the MC.

Then the vignette.

So I worked hard at reading the directions very closely and i think this is part of why I failed.

You dont have a second to waste futzing around on this one and thats the problem. the sketch lines and circle CONSTANTLY get in the way forcing you to move or erase them and then redraw them.

my big issue was w/ the building profile.

I drew the profile close to correct and then went in to fix it like they show on the tips.

problem is it would not allow me to grab the control points of the profile and kept grabbing the sketch tools so I had to erase the sketch tools to erase or move the building profile but w/o the sketch tools I had no guidance.

So long story short, I was getting towards the end and it was one of those "max height from like 30-50' east of lot B' situations so there was a little nugget cut-out on the corner. The tools would not let me grab it in the right places and kept giving me extra lines etc. that that little tiny cut-out is where I failed the WHOLE test because in the end it ended up being like 1' off and diagnol because it was letting me grab the grips right.

I reported it to Prometrix but I have a feeling that is going to be useless.

I was so devastated. if I had 1 more minute I could have fixed it.

but the big lesson is do NOT waste time. Dont worry about getting things perfect til the end because Im sure I fussed on the plan drawing too much and I needed all my time for the freaking profile!!!!

I am pretty damn sure that was a fatal error. Does anyone know for sure...I hesitate to ask because i think I know the answer...

Thanks and best of luck.
cma52572

Re: pretty sure I failed PPP at last minute w/ vignette soft

Postby cma52572 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:04 pm

Im sorry, I wish I meant 1 foot off. I meant 10' aka 1 full square because it was being caddy whompas when I was finally able to grab it. I only needed to fix it by a foot but as I was trying to adjust it for several minutes time ran out and it froze 10' off and crooked. sigh.
cma52572

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE