Site Zoning Vignette - Order of Solution

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Site Zoning Vignette - Order of Solution

Postby andrewh44 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:06 am

This is a bit of a silly question, but it's giving me just enough stress to throw me off so I'd like to know for sure...

All of the resources regarding the Site Zoning Vignette that I've come across mention that the program should be solved as:

- Lay Out Surface Improvements
- Draw Construction Area
- Draw Grade Line
- Draw Allowable Building Envelopes at Section Cut

After practicing the vignette, my personal preference is actually to immediately draw the grade line first, and then draw surface improvements, construction area, and building envelopes.

Can anyone please verify that this is ok? I would imagine the computer doesn't care or even know what order these were completed in any case can anyone please verify if they've successfully done this or that it's acceptable?
andrewh44

Re: Site Zoning Vignette - Order of Solution

Postby thd7t » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:25 am

Definitely draw the grade line first. It's way harder after other work. I did this and passed.
thd7t

Postby andrewh44 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:26 am

thd7t wrote:Definitely draw the grade line first. It's way harder after other work. I did this and passed.

Excellent, thank you so much.
andrewh44

Postby fare75 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 am

thd7t wrote:Definitely draw the grade line first. It's way harder after other work. I did this and passed.

Agree.
First time practice I did the grade line first...super easy!
Second time I did the grade line after Surface Improvements & Construction Area...all the "clusters" on the plan made it way harder to do the grade line!
fare75

Postby fare75 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:35 am

andrewh44 wrote:

Excellent, thank you so much.

If you have time to practice...try several times in diffirent order and find out which order works the best for you!
fare75

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE