Project Budget where does site acquisition come in

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Project Budget where does site acquisition come in

Postby cma52572 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:09 am

I know this may sound like a dumb question, but its my understanding from the reading that site acquisition is NOT part of project budget but site work is.

I know that the project cost is typically 30% more than the construction cost which IMO would make land acquisition impossible to be in there. But I just want to confirm.
I like this link Coach gives but its still confusing to me. http://aiad8.prod.acquia-sites.com/site ... ity_1C.pdf

in the infographic they are using the term "total capital costs" and in that site acquisition is included/ So would "
project budget" include everything on here but the first 4 things under "Land Costs"? Or are there other things on the "development cost" section that would also not be included?
cma52572

Re: Project Budget where does site acquisition come in

Postby fare75 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 am

AIA B101-2007 #6.1

§ 6.1 For purposes of this Agreement, the Cost of the Work shall be the total cost to the Owner to construct all elements of the Project designed or specified by the Architect and shall include contractors’ general conditions costs, overhead and profit. The Cost of the Work does not include the compensation of the Architect, the costs of the land, rights-of-way, financing, contingencies for changes in the Work or other costs that are the responsibility of the Owner.
fare75

Re: Project Budget where does site acquisition come in

Postby cma52572 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:58 pm

right thats the "Work". I get that, but the "Project" is different from the "Work" and the project budget is different from the construction budget. So Im just trying to make sure the site acquisition is not included in the "Project Budget".
cma52572

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE