finally passed

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

finally passed

Postby DANIIFACE » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:25 am

3rd times the charm for me again... finally Passed PPP. I now have passed CDS and PPP and i'm at that crossroads of do I take SPD before I transition over or just transition now and take PA? The SPD site design vignette is one of the many reasons I'm leaning away from taking SPD but any advice is appreciated!

As far as passing PPP... I studied for 2 months.
-The first month I slowly watched all the (purchased) black spectacles videos and listened to the whole enchilada audio on my 1 hour commute home every day home from work.
-The second month I focused on reading Kaplan, taking practice exams including Kaplan, Ballast, Gang Chen, designer hacks and black spectacles.
-I practiced the vignette twice the week before my exam.
-I took my exam on a Monday so that last weekend I took as many practice exams as possible, went over all my wrong answers. Read all of Caroline's notes and made note cards for anything I really wanted to look over last min.

thank you and good luck to anyone taking PPP, it's not easy!
DANIIFACE

Re: finally passed

Postby greek22 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Congratulations! Have you used black spectacles in the past? Do you think it made a difference this time around? I'm having a lot of trouble with this exam and that's the only study material that I have not used yet. Any tips or other advice would be highly appreciated!

BTW- I recommend giving SPD at least one try before moving onto 5.0. I had trouble with CDS and I'm having trouble with PPP but I happened to pass SPD on the first try. I prefer the vignettes over MC. Where are you at in the rolling clock period? This also would depict whether or not you should stay in 4.0 or transition.
greek22

Postby DANIIFACE » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:29 pm

Thank you!
This was my first time using black spectacles and I think it was a good change of pace, when I really was not in the mood to start reading study material just yet I could get myself to at least watch the black spectacle videos. Watching them first was a nice transition from not studying at all to intense studying in the last month. I think a major key for me was not stressing myself out too much, and knowing what materials I wanted to get through before taking the exam. Having a game plan allowed me to not lose sleep if I didn't study a couple nights, I just knew that I had to make up the time lost a different night.

I took SPD two years ago and failed the vignette which I honestly think scarred me lol I took a break after that and passed CDS back in June, so my rolling clock is through June 2022... plenty of time just need to figure out what I want to do!
DANIIFACE

Postby greek22 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:46 am

I will give it a try! I guess it can't hurt at this point. I know mindset has a lot to do with it - and I over stressed myself out this last time that I took it. Thank you for the advice!

Good luck in whatever choice you choose! Congrats again! :D
greek22

Postby dbayrami » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:29 am

Wow, awesome! I just took cds for the third time today, and im super worried about it. Ppp is "last" potentially, which will also be a third attempt for me. I'd suggest taking spd as well. Theres plenty of time left to pass that one and transition with only 2 left. Or better yet not transition at all.

Greek22, i like the black spectacles videos and habe subscribed off and on for the last few tests. I dont think theyve been much help, but what daniface said about getting in the study mood is very true. Plus any practice test is going to be worth the money.
dbayrami

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE