Passed PPP!

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Passed PPP!

Postby TAParkitekt » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:20 am

Let me start off by saying that I am NOT a good test taker, and didn't feel that great after the M/C. I had previously failed and then passed CDS, and failed SPD before this attempt on PPP. I think studying for those other two exams before taking this one helped out a lot (even though I failed SPD).

Good luck! If I can pass it, believe me, you can pass it.
Last edited by TAParkitekt on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAParkitekt

Re: Passed PPP!

Postby robertjasoncross » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:29 am

Congrats. I just found out I passed about 10 minutes ago. I was pretty nervous about MC as well. I felt good about the vignette as I did two days of doing it again and again where I started having my own process of quickly laying out elements and a good order of operations to have each task taken care of so I had plenty of time to walk through the program a few times to make sure everything was covered and where it should be located. I made a grid in the section using long 5' rectangles that stretched across the section grid and were placed at each 10' primary line.

The main thing I can pass along is you need to read all the CDS and SPD chapters.

I studied the following:
Ballast Chapters: 2,3,4,5,29,30,33,35,48-53,55,56

Vignette: 2 Days of taking the demo version again and again until it was like flying through Autocad or Rhino.

I also went through Bldg Codes Illustrated:Ch 1-8,10,14-16,19

I also used the NALSA iphone flashcard app and used that instead of visiting reddit when I was board and prone to browsing...i.e. time on the throne.

I failed CDS MC and made a point this time to take my time on MC. Go over each question 3 times just to make sure you read the question correct.
robertjasoncross

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE