HELP!!! Vignette - What is Building Line Ballast?

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

HELP!!! Vignette - What is Building Line Ballast?

Postby maven22 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:16 pm

OK... My test is on Tuesday and I have been grilling myself on the vignette. I came across a practice version from Ballast that has me very confused about its ambiguous nature. For the Building Envelope requirements it reads:

-The maximum building height limit within 40' of the west property line is 30' above the allowable west building line.
-The maximum building height of any portion of a building on Lot A is 75' above the average grade level at the building line.
-The maximum building height of structures on Lot B is 60' above benchmark elevation.
-The maximum building envelope on Lot B is limited to an elevation defined by at 35* line rising from west to east beginning at a point 20' above the building line at grade.

Now I understand how to use the benchmark in this scenario. What I am unsure about is how to use the building line. So my question is... is the building line defined by the farthest extents of the building area (red line), or by where the building envelope is in the section (blue line)? (the green lines are easy to decipher since they align)See attached sketch for my drawing version of the question.

Someone with experience please feel free to tell me I wont see this phrase on the test.

Thank you for any help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maven22

Re: HELP!!! Vignette - What is Building Line Ballast?

Postby KOOTA » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:19 pm

can someone please clarify this :
-The maximum building height limit within 40' of the west property line is 30' above the allowable west building lin
KOOTA

Postby KOOTA » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:25 pm

maven22 how did you get the "avg grade at building line"
KOOTA

Postby KOOTA » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:37 pm

West edge of the building A elevation of 160 + east edge of the building 140 / 2 = 150' ,,, 75' hight limit +150= 225'
KOOTA

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE