Testing Soon

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Testing Soon

Postby greek22 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:12 am

Taking PPP again after many attempts in a couple of weeks. I have passed CDS and SPD. My score reports indicate that the Programming portion is my weak spot. Any suggestions or advice would be really appreciated. I listed my study sources here a while back:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50099

Also, please review my vignette. I feel confident with the vignette but a second opinion could never hurt! Thank you in advance! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greek22

Re: Testing Soon

Postby vrcat25 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:47 am

greek22 wrote:Taking PPP again after many attempts in a couple of weeks. I have passed CDS and SPD. My score reports indicate that the Programming portion is my weak spot. Any suggestions or advice would be really appreciated. I listed my study sources here a while back:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50099

Also, please review my vignette. I feel confident with the vignette but a second opinion could never hurt! Thank you in advance! :D

Vignette LQQks good...I'd try a couple alts just to be prepared for if there's a ROW or something, but do this with caution since many situations in alts may not appear.

As for focusing on "programming", i would review the relevant sections in the ARE review manual, but don't put too much weight that you neglect or forget about others sections. It's hard to say for sure which questions you are missing since portion is one of the largest (27-33%) for PPP. See breakdown below:

PROGRAMMING & ANALYSIS
(27-33 percent of scored items)
A.
Assess client needs and requirements to develop a master
plan and program. Document design objectives including
site characteristics, spatial and functional relationships,
and building systems considerations. Establish preliminary
project scope, phasing, budget, and schedule.
Architectural Programming
Ascertain and translate client and user needs into descriptive
criteria to inform subsequent phases of design.
Interpreting Existing Site/Environmental Conditions and Data
Collect and assess site characteristics and related information
and data needed to inform the subsequent design.
Adaptive Reuse of Buildings and/or Materials
Research and evaluate existing sites, buildings, and materials for
new or associated uses.
Space Planning and Facility Planning/Management
Ascertain and translate client and user needs into functional
characteristics and relationships for management and facility
planning of interior and exterior spaces.
Fixtures, Furniture, Equipment, and Finishes
Assess and inventory client and user needs with respect
to functional and spatial requirements for furniture, fixtures,
and equipment.

Do any of those seem to be more troublesome? It's really difficult to advise you since the test is cumulative so i would say a more broad overview of studying for the whole tests and focusing A LITTLE more on programming. Hope this helps, for what it's worth. Glad to see you haven't given up. I will tell you that i got lucky on my 4th attempt and the only thing i did different was i actually studied less. After the second and third attempt, I realized that these tests are a joke and no amount of preparation can help. Just hope that your next pool of questions has less WTF "best guess" questions and hope that you do just enough to move on with your life. It's sad, but many people give up based on a test that is not at all reflective of real world architecture. I can also tell you that there's quite a few idiots out there who pass on first try and think that this makes them better than people that struggle. One of these days you will pass these tests and will look back and realize how big of a joke they are. Good for you for not giving up and best of luck! You sure do need it for PPP. It's unnecessarily much harder than SPD and CDS!
vrcat25

Re: Testing Soon

Postby greek22 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:20 pm

Thanks vrcat for your input and for taking a look at my vignette. I don't want to believe that. I'd like to believe that PPP, and all the other exams require more than luck. I've put in my heart and soul into studying and passing these exams.
greek22

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE