PPP Third Attempt

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

PPP Third Attempt

Postby jozborn23 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would drop my two cents. Passed CD's and SPD on the first attempts and really got excited about flying through the exams until I got to PPP. I studided well using the typical materials, and passed MC twice. Unfortunately I failed the vignette twice. I retook PPP for my final attempt this year and hopefully I passed. I think I did ok on the MC but I am really woried about the vignette. Although the programs are similar, it really trips you up when you get so used to the practice vignette. I feel where most people fail is when doing the building outlines as that part comes last and can be the more challenging piece. Another thing I tried differently was to draw the grade line first. That way I wont have so many sketch lines in the way, which I noticed really makes a mess of your drawing. I also got really familiar with the software.

I believe that a major reason people don't pass is because they only give you an hour. If the time was increased to say 1-1/2 hours, I feel the pass rate would go up. The extra half hour would be great to back check your work against the program. I also don't agree with the perfect solution NCARB demands for this vignette. As easy as it seems there software is terrible and I don't believe there program makes much sense. I am sure lot's of candidates have failed this vignette for a small error and the majority of the solutions are passable and would be acceptable. I also don't like how NCARB will fail your entire exam for a small graphical error on the vignette. Anyway, good luck to everyone who is attempting PPP while it still exists. Keep moving foward, you will get there eventually.
jozborn23

Re: PPP Third Attempt

Postby sbyrktct » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:07 am

Can we be real here for a just minute?
If your first post on this forum is to lament having failed the vignette multiple times, but you haven't yet taken advantage of the completely free opportunity to have your practice vignettes peer-reviewed on this forum... it's awfully hard to muster up sympathy for you.

If you failed the vignette again... do yourself a favor and post. I'll be more than happy to give you feedback myself.
Also, review other posts. It's worth the effort.
sbyrktct

Postby jozborn23 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 am

My bad. :brick:
jozborn23

Postby sbyrktct » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:54 pm

Don't beat yourself up... just utilize all of your available resources. We're here for you.
sbyrktct

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE