General Vignette Questions

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

General Vignette Questions

Postby sshust15 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi all! A few questions I have regarding the Vignette:

-Tolerance around the lake. Points for both the surface area and the building are wanting to dance around either side of the circles I have in place. Obviously I should opt to be away from the lake rather than closer. Is there any solution to this other than adding a million points?
-Tolerance of the 30 degree angle. So I do the trick to get the angle all the way across the grid and get to 30 degrees no problem. Move the line into its location 20' above the benchmark and it all looks great. go to place the building profile and I am doing the same dance with the points wanting to be on either side and not lining up perfectly with the 30 degree angle I just made. do I opt to be below the angle so as not to cross the 30 degree threshold? Will I be docked for not being perfectly on the line at 30 degrees?
-Should the building profile line extend through the grade a tick if it is wanting to snap just above the grade line?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!
sshust15

Re: General Vignette Questions

Postby sbyrktct » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:30 am

sshust15 wrote:-Tolerance around the lake. Points for both the surface area and the building are wanting to dance around either side of the circles I have in place. Obviously I should opt to be away from the lake rather than closer. Is there any solution to this other than adding a million points?

Just get as close as you can without violating the setback.

sshust15 wrote:-Tolerance of the 30 degree angle. So I do the trick to get the angle all the way across the grid and get to 30 degrees no problem. Move the line into its location 20' above the benchmark and it all looks great. go to place the building profile and I am doing the same dance with the points wanting to be on either side and not lining up perfectly with the 30 degree angle I just made. do I opt to be below the angle so as not to cross the 30 degree threshold?

Below... get as close as you can without violating the setback.

sshust15 wrote:Will I be docked for not being perfectly on the line at 30 degrees?

Nope... you can't match that line perfectly.

sshust15 wrote:-Should the building profile line extend through the grade a tick if it is wanting to snap just above the grade line?

Yes... go below. Don't leave the profile "open".
sbyrktct

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE