Somehow I managed to pass PPP

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Somehow I managed to pass PPP

Postby nmoushon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Some how I managed to pass PPP on my first try. I have no idea how as I felt the MP killed me. I had at least 5 random questions and at least 10 questions that where either history questions or history type questions. Surprisingly I didn't have as many contract questions as I thought I would see. Though plenty of programming and insurance questions. I did feel really confident on the Vignette though. Nothing tricky and actually very similar to the 4.0 practice program. I did take my time on it though and really made sure all the lines were as close as possible or with in one tick. I finished that with only 4 min left.

Study material:
Kaplan
Ballast Manual & Practice Exams
Whole enchilada
Designer Hacks (didnt use this one that much)
Jennys notes
Carolines notes
Chen Practice exams
Problem Solving by William Pena
Schiff Hardin lectures on the B101 & A201
Home made flash cards

How I studied:
First I read through Ballast, Whole enchilada, Jennys/Carolines notes & Problem Solving. I would highlight parts that I didn't know or I knew I needed to make sure I kept that knowledge fresh as I read. I then went back and hand wrote flash cards for all my highlighted sections. I would read and condense the the section in a question or statement with the answer on the back. Your typical flash card. I do much better studying if I write things down. So by the time I was done with the flash cards I would have gone over everything important twice already. I had about 150-200 flash cards from this. This took me about 3 weeks to do (reading and writing). Mostly because I could only spend about 2 hrs a night studying(more on weekends) and sometime I didnt get any studying in at night.

Then I spent another solid week and weekend just going over these flash card over and over and over again. To the point that I would not even have to finish reading the front and I know what the answer was...well for a good portion of them anyways. After the week I sat down and took ALL my practice exams. Only the MP at this point and not the vignettes. I then graded them and made more flash card for all my wrong answers. Well most of them....some where too long or based of several charts that I couldnt make into flash cards. Oh, and I also made sure that when I took the test I marked which questions I wasnt sure about or I guessed on and made sure to include those in my flash cards as well. This gave me another 100 or so flash cards. This took me about 5 days to finish up.

I then studied for the next two weeks really hard. 4-6 hrs a night, every night and 12-14 hrs on sunday. I took saturday day off as my much needed break but would resume studying that night after the kid went to bed. That means I studied 40-50 hrs each of those two weeks, which where right before the exam. Just constantly go over all the flash cards and practice the vignette. I made sure my flash cards were as broad as I needed and just studied those. When I studied the flash cards from the practice exams I made sure to study what the right answer was and also what the wrong answers where and why. I would add little notes to ones that I didn't know why the correct answer was what it was. To make sure I understood the condition and circumstances and not sure the answer. I never went back and reread any books or other materials. Only thing I did other than the flash cards was listen to Hardin lectures when I could.

I found the vignettes to be pretty easy as long as you took your time and really zoomed-in when you were working. Making sure everything was within a one tick tolerance is worth the extra time imo.
nmoushon

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE