Study help

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Study help

Postby DANIIFACE » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:22 am

I have now failed PPP twice and could really use some study advice. I passed CDS already, and plan on retaking PPP again in a few months. Has anyone purchased the black spectacles access for the videos? recommended? I have Kaplan, Ballast, Whole enchilada, Jennys notes, Carolines notes etc. The first time I passed the vingette and bombed the MC. Second time I did a little better on the MC and failed the vingette... saw the mistake with 90 seconds left and did not have enough time to fix it. Any advice would be great! thank you!
DANIIFACE

Re: Study help

Postby thd7t » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:01 pm

If you are running out of time on the vignette, that tells me that you may not have a great system for the vignette. You need to lay out the way that you do the vignette and follow that. The Brudgers guide is a good way to do this. I did the following:
1. Take notes during the break at your desk. Write down everything you know will be on the vignette, i.e. lot a, lot b, front setback, side setback, etc. Put two check boxes next to each. Leave space to add more info. Then, you'll use less time on notes and give yourself a way to check the work more quickly.
2. Draw gradeline first. You'll be less distracted by you other sketch lines and you can clean up afterward.
3. Do whichever lot seems easier first. For the 4.0 vignette, this is lot B. This helps you get a rhythm and work out kinks while moving fast.
4. Do building profiles last.
5. Check work using the checklist you made during break.

Regarding the MC portion, I would look at some SPD material to supplement your PPP and CDS studying. They overlap a lot and this will probably give you more answers.
thd7t

Postby Ruby » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:55 am

https://vimeo.com/50457422

watch this video for help with the vignette. His voice is annoying, but his process helped me soooo much. As far as the MC, I have no advice, as that's what I failed too, sadly :(
Ruby

Postby AREator » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:29 am

Whoops ...put my notes in the wrong thread.
Last edited by AREator on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
AREator

Postby AREator » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:31 am

Ruby wrote:https://vimeo.com/50457422

watch this video for help with the vignette. His voice is annoying, but his process helped me soooo much. As far as the MC, I have no advice, as that's what I failed too, sadly :(

I'm sorry to hear that. Hang in there.
But thanks for the link.
AREator

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE