Computer Issues during Exam

Site Zoning Vignette and Multiple Choice

Computer Issues during Exam

Postby rbbarnh1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:01 am

Hello all -
I took PPP Yesterday and kept having issues with the Mouse during the MC and then for the Vignette the screen was zoomed in i couldnt see the entire site plan and grid!!! I had the Exam Tech look at it and he restarted my computer!! Talk about a distraction! Anyone else have this happen? and is there anything I can do to get a retake? Also not to mention another exam taker smelling like patchouli didnt help!! :?: :?: :( :shock:
rbbarnh1

Re: Computer Issues during Exam

Postby VTBassdrum13 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:31 am

I would definitely contact NCARB. They take a while to review and respond though (almost a month if I recall). I've had glitches on other exams, but not quite as extreme as yours. I ended up passing anyways but still contacted NCARB to make sure they were aware of the issues.
VTBassdrum13

Postby rbbarnh1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 am

VTBassdrum13 wrote:I would definitely contact NCARB. They take a while to review and respond though (almost a month if I recall). I've had glitches on other exams, but not quite as extreme as yours. I ended up passing anyways but still contacted NCARB to make sure they were aware of the issues.

thanks. I ended up emailing NCARB and am patiently waiting for results and a reply.
rbbarnh1

Postby sbyrktct » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:39 pm

I think I read somewhere that offensive patchouli contamination was cause for a free retake...
sbyrktct

Postby Coach » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:31 pm

Patchouli?
I didn't know there was a H.I.T. exam.

(hippie-in-training)
Coach
Site Admin

Postby rbbarnh1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:00 am

sbyrktct wrote:I think I read somewhere that offensive patchouli contamination was cause for a free retake...

haha...haha... wish that was true..
rbbarnh1

Postby hllARE » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:34 pm

I have the same issue on Vignette too. That was on CDS on May 2017. The floor plan is bigger than the screen that slow me down and I couldn't finish it when I found a mistake.I had just retake and it worked fine this time and pass. I did send email to NCARB and called Prometric center days before the exam to make sure if this issue had been fixed. The lady there said nobody complained about it. hmm...
hllARE

Postby sbyrktct » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:09 am

hllARE wrote:The lady there said nobody complained about it. hmm...

Maybe they "forgot"...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sbyrktct

Return to PPP - PROGRAMMING, PLANNING & PRACTICE